What's the role?
Shell Energy Europe & Environmental Products is seeking a Green Certificate Market Analyst for Europe. This position is supporting traders with analysis developed from a deep understanding of the key drivers of the Green Certificate Market such as supply provided by renewable power generation, demand created by regulations or voluntary commitments. This position must build credibility with internal customers so that such foresight can be translated into commercial gain primarily in the trading business function. The emphasis is on developing both qualitatively and quantitatively advantaged capabilities, supported as appropriate by models, tools and techniques that yield high quality insight. Collaborating with peers in the Power Fundamentals team to build scalability in this respect is essential.
What we need from you
- Deliver market view to support trading decisions.
- Research and understand the fundamentals drivers related to supply/demand in the context of modelling focused on developing forward pricing views.
- Monitor market developments in market design/regulatory issues that could impact prices.
- Work closely with gas and emission analysts in market view development.
- Flow analysis.
- Good knowledge in energy economics
- Knowledge of the European Energy Markets
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent IT skills incl. ability to model in main languages as Python and in the MS Windows environment (particularly Excel), Experience interfacing with databases (SQL)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or any related degrees required.
- Relevant experience in Power or Emission Fundamentals is a must.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.