Where you fit in
Shell Trading integrates a worldwide trading network with an unsurpassed global portfolio in crude oil, refined products, natural gas, electrical power, and chemicals and has larger locations in London, Houston, Calgary, Singapore, Dubai, Rotterdam, and Barbados. Shell Trading is one of the world largest energy traders and is a key segment of the Royal Dutch/Shell portfolio.
Shell Energy Europe & Environmental Products (SE-EE) is part of Shell Trading & Supply organization with a focus on European gas and power markets, and global emissions market. European power business is a highly dynamic and challenging environment, which requires SE-EE to Netherlandsnuously find new CVPs for its suppliers and customers to be able to grow its portfolio. This role will be part of European Power Business Development and Origination Desk located in the Hague. Power BD Team handles physical and financial structured products, working very closely with Trading and Deal Structuring desks.What's the role?
This role will focus on NETHERLANDS with particular emphasis on growing the power portfolio of SE-EE. Power is a growth area for Shell and business development & origination will continue to be at the forefront of value delivery. In this role you'll be expected to:
What we need from you
- Grow the power business in NETHERLANDS and make it a significant contributor to Shell Energy Europe P&L
- Enrich the funnel of structured products (VPP, physical toll, cross commodity) in NETHERLANDS, working closely with deal structuring and trading
- Originate innovative deals around flexible assets (CCGTs, batteries, etc)
- Grow the renewable certificate business and optimize it with the European portfolio
- Create a funnel of renewable offtake opportunities
- Develop CVPs to sell green power to corporates
- Cooperate with New Energies (Shell's renewable investment arm) where relevant to enable their projects
We are looking for someone who can bring a network of counterparties in NETHERLANDS particularly in the renewable and flexible generation space and have deep understanding of power market drivers to be able to differentiate Shell's value proposition.
- Significant experience in power origination, and proven track record of delivery
- Good understanding of power market fundamentals of NETHERLANDS
- Commercial acumen in power market, including solid negotiating skills, with demonstrated ability to identify and close opportunities
- Familiarity with risk identification and management: for each new deal, promptly understanding all risks involved and being able to describe and discuss them with traders and deal structurers
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Able to perform several tasks under severe time pressure, in challenging and stressful environments
- A self-starter in general
Shell Trading is interested in attracting people who share our core working values of honesty, integrity and respect for others. We also want those who can build on our business vision, are prepared to accept accountability and can achieve great results through teamwork.
This is an external facing and pan European role which entails travelling across Netherlands and Europe.Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.