Where you fit in
Shell Trading integrates a worldwide trading network with an unsurpassed global portfolio renewables, gas, environmental products and crude and products. Shell Trading has hubs in London, Houston, Calgary, Singapore, Dubai, Rotterdam, and Barbados. Shell Trading is one of the world's largest energy traders and is a key segment of the Royal Dutch/Shell portfolio.
Shell Energy Europe and Africa (SE-EA) sells and actively trades energy related products and services associated with European natural gas, power, and environmental products. SE-EA was created in 2009 through the combination of Shell's marketing and trading companies in Europe. SE-EA is part of Shell Energy which is the commercial heart of the Integrated Gas Business and aligns all Energy Trading activity throughout the world.
The European power business is a highly dynamic and challenging environment, which requires SE-EA to continuously find new products and solutions to serve and grow its portfolio. This role will be part of European Power commercial business team located in London. This role would work closely with the Power Trading, Structuring, and BD Team, to onboard and optimise the value of physical and financial structured products. This role would be to support the growth of the power business in Italy.What's the role?
The primary accountabilities of the Power Portfolio Analyst are:
- Support origination and trading on growth of new business, including product structures, integration of new businesses and setting up to enhance value and reduce risk across deal lifecycle
- Support in streamlining and enhancing the product array and functionality of the Power desk, incorporate controls, particularly for new deals/projects done by the team
- Support in-flight projects to standardise processes and platforms across EMEA trading & BD
- Supporting in contributing to enable high quality, shared understanding of market opportunities, trends, and value potential
- Support on new and innovative solutions for the desk, as well as how to translate these into industrialised and repeatable processes for IT to standardise and further automate
- Understand the deal funnel in order and support on setting up new opportunities into the portfolio
- Support in ongoing implementation, re-modelling frameworks and harmonisation of processes and tools across the team
- Support in collating asset trading and origination data to add value across products, and teams
- Bring rigour/governance to the delivery structure and where feasible drive towards full automation
Reporting to a Senior Power Portfolio Analyst this position will be responsible for improving practice and modelling to enhance commercial activities within the SE-EA Power portfolio. This role will focus on optimising end-to-end trade capabilities, providing innovative solutions which can then be focused on structural solutions. Grow the power business in the mentioned markets and make them a significant contributor to SE-EA P&L
The role will form part of the Power trading and business development network, acting as a focal point for commercial modelling between these teams. The incumbent will understand the end-to-end process flow of a trade lifecycle, and, through knowledge of the power markets/business be part of a team to cater to structured, retail, and imbalance products across the Power spectrum.What we need from you
The successful candidate would be required to have:
- Experience in the Italian power market
- Experience in commercial /operational roles, specifically in the Power market, with a strong track record of performance
- A passion for the energy transition
- An ability and willingness to quickly understand and act upon commercial opportunities, often under significant time pressure
- A proactive approach and mind set to propose and drive improvement and changes.
- A sound understanding of credit, market and financial risk.
- Experience and appreciation of purposeful collaboration
- Prioritisation skills, distinguishing between urgent, important and essential
- A "can do" attitude is a must
- A perspective across the entire business and functional areas, as well as numerous stakeholder interfaces, this role is well placed to leverage a central position within the organisation to make connections and drive effective change
- Knowledge of the business from intimate day to day involvement across the opportunity funnel
- Scalability & Robustness: drive step change in these facets of business performance
- Project and/or Programme management ensure stakeholders at the working level are sufficiently informed such that greater delivery is realised
- Written and spoken language skills in following languages an advantage: Italian, Spanish, German, Dutch
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.