Where you fit in
Powering Progress is our strategy to accelerate the transition of our business to net-zero emissions. Powering Progress generates value for our shareholders, customers and wider society by providing more and cleaner energy solutions. Our strategy is underpinned by our core values honesty, integrity and respect for people and focus on safety.
Within the Powering Progress strategy, the role of the certificate's trading team is to enable both the upstream and downstream businesses to grow their renewable electricity footprint by providing a single market interface for European certificates (ROC, REGO and GOO) and optimize the value chain. Our role is also to generate value from servicing Shell's customers, doing deals with counterparties and taking proprietary positions where appropriate.
We are looking to build a diverse team with complementary skill sets to scale the certificates trading business. This is a newly created role within the certificates trading team based in our London office. Although Shell is a big organisation, we are a relatively small team with a 'start up' mindset with ambitious growth expectations to help us deliver the value we are so passionate about. To be apart of this team means you will take a collaborative approach in everything you do to increase the value delivered to Shell through the trading of electricity certificates.What's the role?
What we need from you
- Create value for Shell through the trading of electricity certificates while ensuring compliance by adhering to laws, rules and regulations.
- Build and maintain commercial relationships with Shell group companies, Shell customers, counterparties and brokers by negotiate and execute trades with them.
- Collaborate with the commercial teams to grow value generated from deals with third parties
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with internal customers, support functions and control functions by ensuring seamless business operations.
- Contribute to the value of creative ideas on customer products, portfolio optimization, arbitrage opportunities and proprietary trading.
We would love you to have previous experience in electricity certificates (ROC, REGO, GOO and/or I-REC) however, we are open to experience in electricity certificates from other markets as well as experience in carbon trading. It would also be great if you also had some of the below experience:
- Proven track record in trading and managing risk
- Data and fundamentals driven trading decision making
- Deep understanding of regulations in the markets we operate
- Demonstrable ability to quantify the value/risk of deals including credit, finance and options
- Experience in the optimization of complex portfolios
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.