Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways. What's the role?
The Zhuhai plant engineer plays a key role to overall manage plant CAPEX and OPEX projects for improving production safety, quality and efficiency, and this role shall work very closely with maintenance and production team to ensure the flawless projects delivery, and minimize the impacts to production operations.
What we need from you
- Strictly follow the company's safety regulations, effectively monitor the contractor and related personnel responsible for the project, ensure the safety of personnel and facilities, and eliminate potential safety hazards in a timely manner.
- Responsible for initiating, executing, monitoring and reporting on all CAPEX and OPEX projects to ensure that all projects meet predetermined quality objectives/budget/time frame/safety requirements.
- Responsible for the management of project-related contractors, according to the requirements of CMCP and the company's HSSE policy, participate in the contractor's evaluation, negotiation, contract signing, responsible for project tracking report, project completion acceptance and other work, to ensure safety, quality and duration.
- Responsible for the data entry and maintenance work of GSAP related to plant project management and execution, ensuring its completeness and accuracy, and complying with project management control requirements.
- Improve the skill level of project and maintenance personnel by sharing good practical experience, technical knowledge and guidance training.
- Provide improvement and optimization recommendations for inspection, maintenance and preventive maintenance of machinery, electrical equipment and facilities to improve the reliability and efficiency of equipment/electrical.
- Responsible for sorting out and improving the equipment and facility drawings.
- Promptly report on any non-compliance with the Company's HSSE, conduct and business codes found in the course of work.
We are keen to speak to professionals with the following:
More about ShellAn innovative place to work
- Candidate should have strong project management knowledge and ability, make sure the project objectives meet the target and control project risks.
- Be familiar with the engineering design and construction standards, make sure the project be delivered in accordance with standards and high quality.
- Candidate should have strong contractor management ability, regularly review the Contractor's behavior, and make sure that the Contractor's maintenance activities in Zhuhai plant comply with shell standards.
- Familiar with Capex tools and AutoCAD.
- Be familiar with Shell safety management standards and make sure all the projects are carried out in a safe manner
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and teamwork spirit
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.