Global Billing Operations in Finance Operations performs Bill to Cash activities supporting various Shell businesses including Retail and Commercial Fleet among others. As a global team operating out of 2 main hubs in SBO Manila and Krakow, we manage over USD100b of annual sales with over USD40b in working capital for Shell. Our process aims for flawless delivery, continuously improved cash and cost as well as customer experience.
The Billing Analyst is expected to have the relevant technical competencies to effectively support the process in ensuring accurate and timely billing, payments and collections for Retailers, as well as identify continuous improvement in operations through metrics performance. Part of the role will also manage complex issue resolution and can be the first point of contact to troubleshoot technical issues within the team, before it goes to the Specialist. Accountabilities:
- Ensure complete set of data are being interfaced daily from POS to GSAP via the Middleware.
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of manual billing requests from valid requestors/approvers.
- Ensure items due for collection are included in the Direct Debit/Credit runs for the day.
- Ensure that Direct Debit/Credit runs are accepted and processed by the bank on time.
- Perform control checks and is able to institute control measures within the process to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Investigate and handle resolution of disputes and complex issues.
- Manage accurate reporting of KPI results on a daily and monthly basis.
- Strongly collaborate with Retail Business partners (FiB, Credit, OtD, OtC, Cards Accounting etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy, Financial Management or its equivalent
- Experience in Billing, Reconciliation, Financial Analysis and Accounts Receivable
- Basic knowledge in Process Controls & Compliance or similar field
- Exposure and knowledge on usage of ERP - GSAP/SAP preferred
- Strong command in the English, both oral and written
- Highly organized - committed in meeting deadlines
- Confident in dealing with counterparts, business partners, stakeholders. Able to handle discussions with the team and assigned stakeholders with minimum supervision, as required.
- With clear demonstration of teamwork, flexibility, change adaptability, initiative, analytical thinking, and problem-solving capacity.
- Should be able to identify issues that can be resolved on their own and identify issues that are unusual and complex in nature and need further escalation
Attention to details