What's the role?
Finance Lead and/or Finance Support of commercial deals and developing new reporting tools and business performance management insights. The role is responsible for delivery of a wide suite of Finance responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
What we need from you?
- Analysing business performance management requirements, and together with FP&A colleagues, Traders and IT develop new data and insights to improve business understanding
- Supporting the multi-year implementation of new ETRM (Trading system)
- Providing business critical finance challenge and support from an early stage of tenders, contracts and investments
- Ensuring finance sign-off on proposed commercial opportunities
- Operationalizing the financial aspects across the life of a commercial deal
- Interfacing external banks and local regulatory representatives
- Regular interaction with senior stakeholders on the Decision Review Committees
- Arrange and organize the required internal governance organizational support and corporate approvals to support business requirements
- Provide finance expertise and advice to New Business Development, structured finance transactions or New Market Entry projects
- Provide financial input into project economics
- Provide controllership, governance and finance support to regional trading offices and business joint ventures, to ensure business remains in control during significant growth and change
- Liaise with other Finance functional areas, including Tax, Treasury, Controllers, Credit, Risk and Shared support services teams, who may be based in various Shell locations
- Integrated performance management - ensuring commercial delivery of long dated transactions is controlled and sustainable, ensuring there is transparency around deal performance and risks
- Advocate enterprise mindset and display leadership in establishing an integrated business model, governance and embedding ways of working across Shell Energy Europe (SE-EE).
We are keen to hear from qualified accountants with particular experience in FP&A and developing new financial data insights and tools, ideally in a Trading/commodity environment.
Beyond that, experience in the one or more areas below would be advantageous:
About Shell UK
- Experience in a (commodity) trading/utility environment is advantageous
- Knowledge of power/gas markets and asset offtake arrangements is advantageous
- Knowledge of renewable power and gas technologies is advantageous
- Financial modelling experience is advantageous
- Eagerness to learn and build - "learner mindset"
- Proactive and autonomous approach
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Strong Excel/Data manipulation skills
Shell is an international energy company that aims to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. It is one of the world's largest independent energy companies, operating in more than 70 countries.
Shell has a global target to become a net zero emissions energy business by 2050. This means that Shell aims to be net zero on all emissions generated by its operations and the energy needed to power them. The company is working with customers, business, and governments to address emissions across different sectors.
In March 2022, Shell UK announced an ambition to invest between £20 to £25 billion in the UK energy system over the next decade, more than 75% of which is intended for low and zero-carbon products and services including offshore wind, hydrogen, and electric mobility. These investments, which are subject to board approval, aim to propel the UK closer to net zero whilst intending to stimulate economic growth and jobs.
Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are one of the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.