Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your understanding on changes and updates in accounting standards & group policies (Group Financial Reporting Manual), and its impact on group & statutory financial reporting and closing activities?
If you are driven by passion to enhance business knowledge and keep updated on business change(s), this is a role that will help you achieving them through closing activities & financial analysis; and frequent discussion & collaboration with corporate / business finance.
If yes, then this R&A Financial Accounting and Controls (FAC) Analyst role could be the one you were looking for. Be part of the Downstream (DS) R&A FAC team and help us transform the way we manage the financials of Downstream Americas business.Where You Fit In?
The Downstream Reporting & Analysis Organization is a team of >1,000 colleagues providing accurate, timely and insightful analysis to deliver more and cleaner energy solutions.
Within this organization, we are a cluster of teams responsible for Americas end to end Group and Statutory financial reporting activities.
The role of Analyst is to ensure that all reporting activities & responsibilities are performed in an accurate timely and efficient manner. He or she will be responsible for closing activities and financial analysis which includes verifying financial data, making appropriate adjustments if needed; and provide financial analysis to facilitate & support business decision.
This position will report to R&A FAC Senior Manager in the Finance Operations (FO) Centre and will liaise with the respective FO counterpart/businesses across various geographical locations to deliver accurate information to group accounting & reporting system; and global metrics for R&A FAC.What is the Role?
Support month end closing activities i.e. General Ledger close including preparation of manual journals and making adjustments to final numbers in Group Reporting tool; and ensure key datelines are met for Group & Internal reporting.
- Complete all accounting activities in a timely and accurate manner, resolving /escalating issues and ensure compliance & operating effectiveness for all controls.
- Analyze key accounts in Balance Sheet (Blackline) to ensure balances are appropriately reconciled and properly supported.
- Perform local statutory reporting activities and ensure timely deliverables.
- Manage control remediation initiatives and participate in statutory, internal control and system assurance audits.
- Develop continuous strategies to identify Continuous Improvement opportunities and sharing of knowledge/learning among team members.
- Participate in R&A special projects & timely and effective responses to special data/project requests.
- Manage interfaces with FO and Non-FO stakeholders effectively, build end to end perspective
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or Professional Qualifications with 3-5 years related working experience.
- Working knowledge & experience in SAP is an added advantage.
- Experience in handling end to end audit/local statutory reporting is an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge of financial accounting requirements (Proficiency in financial accounting practices and IFRS standards).
- Good analytical skills, meticulous and able to work independently & prioritize well.
- Results oriented, fast paced, resourceful and proactive.
- Positive influencing skills and flexible co-operative approach.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications especially Excel.
- Resilient and able to deliver under pressure.
- 6 to 8 months Fixed Term Contract
- 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM work schedule