What's the role?
Shell is building a 200 MW Electrolyser on the Maasvlakte in the Port of Rotterdam to produce green hydrogen at scale from renewable power. The realization of this first-of-a-kind industrial scale electrolyser is an important opportunity for Shell to learn about all aspects of designing, building, and operating large scale electrolysers, and play a pioneering role in an emerging business.
As an Electrical Engineer within the project team, you'll support the delivery of this exciting project during Design Phase, during procurement of equipment, during construction and up until handover to the future Asset Organization.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work in an integrated team consisting of Shell and contractor staff
- Liaise with the selected electrolyser vendor, the electricity supplier and FEED contractor
- Liaise with the grid operator and permitting authorities
- Manage specialists in and outside Shell to drive the electrical engineering activities
- Coordinate various electrical engineering activities to achieve overall technical integration
The position is based in Pernis with part-time work in Zoetermeer and the Hague. Moving to project site (Maasvlakte) during construction, occasional regional and international travel is required.What we need from you
- Demonstrated experience in an Electrical Engineering role, ideally involving the design, modification, operation & maintenance of industrial electrical facilities. Experience with Electrolysis, other DC based technology and Dutch Grid operation is of special interest
- Previous involvement in performing power system design and modelling, including related safety studies and assessments (SAFOP/eHAZOP, arcing study, load flow stud), designing and verifying electrical protection schemes and establishing protection setting schedules
- Previous involvement in overseeing and managing vendors during fabrication of electrical equipment from a technical perspective
- Previous involvement in inspection, testing and commissioning of electrical equipment and networks
- Knowledge of international standards and Dutch legislative requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work independently, as well as in a diverse and multidisciplinary team
- Ability to identify and liaise with all key stakeholders including Operations, other Engineering disciplines, Project and Technology experts, contractors and regulatory bodies.
- Commercial acumen and negotiation skills in dealing with contractors, supplies & third parties
- Fluency in Dutch is an advantage, but not a requirement
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.