The EDI Specialist will be responsible for delivery of EDI and eCommerce technologies for Customer Operations. This will include:
- Onboarding new customers into the EDI platform.
- Implementation of minor and major adjustments in the form of Change Requests
- Enable EDI Tiered Support Model
- Driving timely and sustainable resolution of EDI and IDOC errors.
- Managing Portals technology leveraged by Customer Operations in their day-to-day workings with the customer.
This will be done in collaboration with stakeholders across multiple functions to enable project implementation and solve EDI related business operations pain points, while developing capabilities on EDI technology amongst our Frontline Customer Operations teams.
This job requiring strong collaboration between Shell IT BA, OpenText, and operational teams to drive resolutions and, where necessary, developed improvements to ways of working. Expectation is to deliver a robust EDI environment where transactions flows across Shell and Customer systems seamlessly and enable an agile support mechanism that can acknowledge, identify and resolve EDI issues with speed while delivering sustainable and preemptive resolutions by establishing reports/dashboard and data analytics.
This role will be responsible for setting up the Processes, Tools and Relationships to drive maximum business value in EDI, Portals and eCommerce technologies including:
- Collaborating with Shell IT BA, OpenText, Sales/Marketing, Customer Operations teams, the customer, and 3rd party vendors (where needed) to facilitate onboarding of new customers into the EDI platform; implementing Change Requests to improve/increase current customers' EDI transaction scope or apply bug fixes to address issues encountered.
- Delivering EDI training sessions to frontline Customer Success Specialists and EDI Super Users to enable the EDI Tiered Support Model.
- Develop and sustain an EDI Super User network, acting as Subject Matter Expert that provides guidance to allow Super Users to perform their roles and collaborate in driving sustainable resolutions to errors encountered.
- Manage the Americas SLUBE EDI Mailbox, ensuring that all EDI issues raised are picked up, acknowledged, and resolved within SLA.
- Regular review and analysis of EDI issue escalations received to identify gaps/areas for improvements on the EDI Tiered Support Model.
- Managing Portals technology leveraged by Customer Operations in their day-to-day workings with the customer, including timely refresh of credentials (where needed), secured credentials management, on time payment of invoices, and resolution of issues customers encounter on portal use specific to administration and account suspension.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Collect and report KPI's and metrics related to EDI and eCommerce technologies.
- Knowledge in the End-to-End Customer Journey specifically Deal Management, Order to Delivery and Bill to Cash processes.
- Deep understanding in SAP transaction codes, tables and fields.
- Working knowledge on project management and stakeholder engagement.
- Working knowledge in API, SharePoint, PowerApps, Power Automate would be added advantage.
- Familiarity with XML, SQL and expression logic and the ability to understand a business process and translate it into a mapping solution.
- A proven track record in applying principles of continuous improvement, standardization and simplification of business processes.
- Experience in customer service/operations would be also an added advantage.
- Working knowledge/experience on Agile and CI methodologies is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex requirements and define technical/functional solutions.
- Degree in Engineering / Master of computer application or any other technical qualification would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be coached, showing an openness to feedback and performance improvement opportunities.
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English (min B2)
The T-Crew EDI Specialist should have a good technical acumen and knowledge of how operating platforms need to be altered to ensure operability of customer facing platforms if this level of detail is not possessed, they then must know the correct resolution owner/escalation points to facilitate resolution of issues faced. Need to assist with establishing the platforms and forums to facilitate this.
Understanding of XML and EDI landscape, technical information and mapping logics are essential to succeeding in this role.
It will also require higher capabilities on project and stakeholder management, as this role is expected to lead onboarding new EDI customers and implementing EDI change requests from Customer Operations end. Strong collaboration and interface with Customers, IT, Sales/Marketing, and 3rd Party Service Providers are required to deliver this.
The role likewise requires increased analytical skills and an attention to detail to ensure that inaccuracies and errors are mitigated. The EDI solution carries a far greater risk due as transaction errors are processed automatically and can result in high volume of interaction issues which subsequently impact revenue, operations costs and working capital. EDI customers also tend to be Platinum/ Gold/ Global Key Accounts that generates significant revenue for Shell.