Purpose & Accountabilities
If you are passionate about using technologies to deliver/maximize business value, translate business requirements to functionalities, and work on innovation to improve user experience, then you can be one of us!
You will work in a virtual team of a global HRIT DevOps organization, responsible for providing HR System Support to all Shell employees, external candidates, and extended enterprise, on implemented HR SaaS solutions (Workday).
You will be part of the Workday Technical DevOps team, supporting Workday Integrations/Reports that are an integral part of Core HR, TRP, LRN, T&A, COMP, and BEN modules.
You will be deeply involved in end-to-end system features implementation, from design, configuration, testing, and defects resolution to post-deployment maintenance and troubleshooting. You will be required to understand both the technical and business side of HRIT processes, to deliver greater business impact and improved employee experience in a more affordable way.
As an HRIT DevOps Engineer, you are expected to:
- Actively contribute to value delivery through "One Team - One Goal", "Self-Organizing" and "Continuous Improvement" agile principles. We operate with a strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
- Troubleshoot issues in Workday landscape & integrations to multiple systems - deploying fixes and/or working with other systems support teams to identify/deploy a fix
- Monitor end to end Workday landscape using monitoring tools, investigate and pro-actively fix systemic issues either through system changes or working with other systems support teams
- Ensuring the integrity of the end-to-end landscape, data flows, and integrations with connected systems throughout the change and deployment lifecycle.
- Have a solid understanding of user needs - capture/clarify requirements to enable impact analysis and delivery of committed change requests in Workday through sprints
- Exercise robust end-to-end testing (both positive and negative) without interruption to the end-users.
- Assess vendor releases - including engaging with relevant stakeholders to identify and manage the impact
- Stay up to date with Workday Product development and Community, utilizing best practices and technical documentation available
- Engage on daily basis with colleagues from HRIT DevOps Team (Product Owner, Scrum Master, DevOps Analysts, DevOps Engineers, security, Information Risk Management (IRM) & other IT and HR areas specialists) and actively participate in scrum ceremonies
- Support backlog refinement, spring planning, and delivery of committed work, by providing technical suggestions, estimating required effort, identifying risks and dependencies, and surfacing impediments.
Skills & Requirements
- Virtual working in a global environment with culturally diverse teams and across many organizational boundaries (HR and IT)
- Part of the matrix organization - working directly within HRIT DevOps Team whilst remaining connected to relevant IT Community
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders from ITSO, IT Competency Centers, HR Operations, HR Centre of Excellence, HR in the Countries, and other functions
- Managing multiple delivery priorities, multiple demand requests, and complex issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or any related course
- Minimum 5 years of experience in information technology
- Extensive technical knowledge & configuration skills in Workday
- Preferably with 2-3 years of Workday Time Tracking and Absence implementation or support experience
- Global Time Tracking and Absence experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge in gathering requirements, design, prototype, and testing of Workday Time Tracking and Absence solutions according to business requirements
- Good to have knowledge and understanding of Workday release management,
- Good to have knowledge and expertise in Workday's Tools such as Enterprise Interface Builder ('EIB'), OX & Workday Report Writer
- Strong and proven problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, fast-paced and handle planned and unplanned responsibilities
- Influencing and showcasing stakeholder management skills
- Working with both in-country and remote teams
- Demonstrate Business Analysis and Requirements Engineering/Discovery
- Being knowledgeable in agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Being proficient in Excel, PowerPoint & Visio
- Being competent in the English language (both written and verbal)
In this role, you are expected to actively contribute to building an agile ("self-organizing") culture and safe environment with a 'one team' mindset.
In this role, you are responsible to fix incidents within agreed timelines ensuring that the end-to-end SaaS landscape remains available, reliable, secure, affordable, and compliant, and delivering configuration changes in Workday through sprints.
Your focus area is Workday Technical and will cut across other applications in HR IT Landscape. You feel accountable for ensuring all activities are executed in alignment with Shell standards and pro-actively manage and mitigate security risks.
You contribute to the Agile environment by thinking out of the box and continuously wanting to structurally improve the ways of working, the technical stability of the landscape and the speed in which changes are delivered, and by continuously growing into a more and more self-organizing team with the rest of the team members.
This position requires a strong self-starter who can proactively engage with team members in the virtual DevOps teams, Digital HR, HR Operations, and other parts of HR and IT organizations.
You will work with the Product Owner and Scrum Master of your team, HR DevOps Analysts and IT Engineers in your team, The Technical Lead Scrum Master, WD Release Manager, HR Operations teams, Testers, Test Manager, Information Risk Management (IRM), IT Architects, Operations Landscape Management (OLM), Shell People (SAP) and Interface Support team, other legacy / on-premise support teams, and HR Transformation Program resources.