If you're a Finance Professional with substantial experience, we can offer you the opportunity to work at the heart of the manufacturing business in one of the world's largest corporations.Where you fit in
One of today's biggest challenges is to reduce emissions in times of rising demand for energy in all aspects of everyday life. As one of the largest suppliers of energy products for private individuals as well as public sectors Shell is actively contributing to providing cleaner energy solutions.
In Germany we employ 3,500 colleagues who work together along the value chain from research and development to manufacturing and distribution of all our products incl. petrochemicals, fuels and lubricants, gas, and power as well as an expanding new energies business. What's the role?
As Commercial Finance Advisor, you will coordinate the delivery of Finance support to the Business Team for Shell's Energy and Chemicals Park (E+C Park) Rheinland. You will work closely with the Economics, Crude, and Business Development leads for the site. In addition, you will also support the Joint Venture (JV) Management Team manging Shell's interest in several pipeline companies supplying our three German production sites.
Finance Advisors provide world class business decision support to the full range of new business development and strategic projects. Beyond new business projects, Finance Advisors also work on improving the bottom line of existing operations, are involved in areas of complex contracts, control frameworks concerns, business performance management and financial reporting and accounting matters. They work closely with the business to deliver a set of clearly defined business outcomes across multiple projects, activities and assets.
You will be working in an international environment with colleagues in multiple countries. It requires collaboration with the business, other finance teams and other stakeholders in a complex and virtual environment. The job requires excellent communication with the various stakeholders in multiple locations, including senior management. What we need from you?
We're keen to hear from candidates with expertise across the spectrum of Finance competences coming from significant years of experience in various financial roles.
Beyond that, we'd want to hear from individuals who have the following:
- Degree in Finance / Economics / Business Administration; Professional Finance qualification would be a plus (e.g. CIMA, CMA or ACCA)
- Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value and risk.
- Maturity and authority to decide when to involve specialists and effectively play the independent Finance role.
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management bringing analytics and insights to the table.
- Project management skills and flexibility given the support across multiple activities/assets.
- Ability to rapidly understand the specific business or function context for which activities in the pool concept are linked to.
While your prior experience working with operated or non-operated assets and with the Fuels Supply chain is not required, it will certainly be beneficial in your application. About Shell Germany
At Shell Germany, our drive is to employ world-class individuals. We employ 4,200 people whose careers have benefited from our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled inhouse access to local and global experts. We are active in many areas such as Gas, Gas Marketing, Manufacturing & Distribution of oil products, Petrochemicals as well as Research & Development. Shell in Germany is one of the biggest retailers of energy products and one of the largest refinery operators. Our extensive R&D facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise on Retail Fuels, Lubes, and Marine, Power and Engine Vehicle Technology. Shell began operations in Germany in 1902.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.