Shell - one of world's largest energy companies - is targeting net zero emissions by 2050. Shell's finance teams are playing major role in this transformation. By partnering closely with the business, finance is efficiently providing transparency, financial expertise and challenge. We are looking for a finance professional who wants to strengthen the team and support us in transforming from a hydrocarbon-based energy company into a sustainable zero carbon energy solution provider in future.
You will benefit from:
- The opportunity to contribute to the delivery of the Trading and Supply business agenda which is undergoing a significant transformation journey in line with the energy transition.
- The ability to apply Finance skills to a variety of business activities and gain better understanding of end-to-end value chains
- Our focus on your personal and competence-based career development
- Working with a diverse range of high performing colleagues in global, cross-functional teams and to use regional expertise to deliver results
We offer opportunities for hybrid working arrangement -- 50% work from home as standard work arrangement (as per our recent local policy). Where you fit in?
Shell Products Trading is one of the largest Products trading operations in the world and is at the heart of Shell's Downstream business. The trading business is the integrator across the End-to-End energy value chain in Shell and is a dynamic, fast moving, and growing business .
You will support the German, Austrian and Swiss business and at the same time work in a very international environment with colleagues all over the world. Your area of focus will be finance support to business initiatives and projects: Co-Leading the initiatives, providing a strong analytical angle and connecting the project to finance experts (e.g. tax) will be the primary role for you as the finance resource.
It requires collaboration with the business, Finance Operations and other stakeholders in a complex and virtual environment. The job requires excellent communication with the various stakeholders, including senior management. What is the role?
You will undertake a variety of activities/opportunities that are assigned by the Finance Manager based on Value/Risk:
What we need from you?
- Deliver the full suite of Finance support (including tax, treasury, accounting and structuring) autonomously and coordinate the involvement of specialists
- Independently ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected and managed
- Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decisions making and in performance management
- Ensure a fit for purpose performance management system is in place
- Brings new proposals of high value activities to the Finance Manager who decides on the resource allocation
- Actively look for opportunities to reduce non-value adding Finance activity ("demand management")
- Maximize use of Finance Operations in delivery of processes
We are keen to hear from candidates with the following qualifications/skills touched by their work experience:
About Shell Germany
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- Expertise and experiences across the spectrum of Finance competences
- Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to understand complex structures
- Self-motivated to working independently with focus on delivery. Motivated by getting exposure to new initiatives and challenges.
- Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value and risk
- Maturity and authority to decide when to involve finance functional specialists and effectively play the independent Finance role
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management bringing analytics and insights to the table
- Project management skills and flexibility given the support across multiple activities/assets
- Ability to rapidly understand the specific business or function context
- Fluent in English language
At Shell Germany, our drive is to employ world-class individuals. We employ 4,200 people whose careers have benefited from our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled inhouse access to local and global experts. We are active in many areas such as Gas, Gas Marketing, Manufacturing & Distribution of oil products, Petrochemicals as well as Research & Development. Shell in Germany is one of the biggest retailers of energy products and one of the largest refinery operators. Our extensive R&D facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise on Retail Fuels, Lubes, and Marine, Power and Engine Vehicle Technology. Shell began operations in Germany in 1902.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.