Are you a highly motivated problem-solver looking for a techno-commercial challenge? Come and join a team of like-minded colleagues committed to making a real difference to the energy transition. Where you fit in
You'll be joining a new and exciting department in Shell's Power Technology division. The Electrification Technology group is creating the business of the future by deploying today's & developing tomorrow's integrated electrification products, ranging from power to heat to electrification of large drives and the associated electrical systems. Electrification is one of the key enablers to achieve deep decarbonisation alongside other technologies such as biomass, carbon capture, and hydrogen. The team consists of a diverse range of technical and commercial enthusiasts all looking to make a difference to the energy transition.What's the role?
As an Electrification Technologist- Electrothermal, you will be responsible for the technology development differentiated electrification solutions with specific focus on power-to-heat technologies for industrial customers in Shell, Renewables & Energy Solutions (R&ES) and hard to abate sectors.
More specific responsibilities include:
What we need from you
- Technology development - Ideation and discovery of technologies. Conduct technical due diligence, manage technology development funnel for short, medium and long term in areas of electrothermal. Provide techno-economic analysis of new technologies/opportunities
- Technology deployment - Identify opportunities and lead the assessment and development of electrification opportunities. Seamless integration of technology development into a selective project portfolio, and support of opportunity development in electrification
- Collaboration with Products team to translate technology to product offerings
- Collaborate with partners and universities on technology development
- Drive HSSE excellence for all staff and operations with special emphasis on work conducted externally
It is your excellent technical and commercial expertise, end-to-end integration and stakeholder management skills, ability to rapidly learn and passion in the Energy Transition.
Other key skills and requirements:
- Master's degree or higher in process/chemical engineering, aerospace engineering, physics, electrical or mechanical engineering with specialisation in thermal engineering (heat transfer)
- Knowledge in renewable power solutions, electrification technologies (power-to-heat products, storage, digital etc), utilities, carbon & energy management, power systems, high voltage systems and design a plus
- Familiarity with oil and gas, petrochemical, and industrial sectors a plus
- Track record in R&D, technology maturation and product development including gated process. Project management experience a plus
- Experience in IP strategy, development and management
- Ability to learn fast and operate in natural teams and matrix organisation
- Demonstrated relationship management experience at different levels of the organisation with technical and non-technical stakeholders inside and outside the organisation. Experience with managing third party contracts or collaboration a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Continued commitment to deliver HSSE excellence for personnel and operations
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone applies when they don't feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply.Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.