Be part of our team as we work to own the design and development of technical solutions meeting the IT project needs of the business. Join Shell and be part of a home where you can grow your career, develop leading-edge skills, and deepen your business knowledge.Where you fit in
The Information & Digital Engineering (IDE) vertical drives business value by providing world-class technical, functional, and consulting expertise to deliver the right skills, at the right time, and in the right place. In IDE you will have opportunities to work on IT projects, programs, and products across the value chain of Shell. Our technical career paths will support your personal development through learning and certifications. We are the home of technical talent where you can grow your career, develop leading-edge skills, and deepen your business knowledge.
The Software Engineering division as a subset of IDE, comprising six+ capability centres, brings together natural sets of skills at scale, providing our customers with size and depth in terms of business and platform knowledge. The capability centres promote continuous improvement of functional excellence, giving you the methods, standards, best practices, platforms, tools, and external insights to support and accelerate your capability development. Our communities of practice provide access to expertise and learning, where your skills and passion for innovation and excellence will thrive.What's the role?
As the Software Engineer-Asset Visualization, you will be responsible for the delivery of software, which may include new development, configuration, maintenance and installation of third-party packages, and software integration efforts. It may include tasks from every part of the software development lifecycle, including software and website design, development, programming, and software deployment (both the installation and decommissioning of software). As well as proper working knowledge and experience with Asset Visualization tools like iHawk, Universal Plant Viewer (UPV), Holobuilder and Lobster Vision.
Other role accountabilities include:
What we need from you?
- Role in Projects & Engineering (P&E) and Asset Technology portfolio.
- Development and support of applications using .NET, Restful API, and SQL.
- Proactive and independent software engineering skills with knowledge of SDLC and CI/CD.
- Software Support Engineer in P&E and Facilities Visualization portfolio.
- Ops engineer responsible for application support and issue troubleshooting.
- Support engineer for implementing new applications and interfaces in larger projects.
- Collaboration with Product Line Managers, Project Managers, and Business Users to build strong relationships and propose continuous improvements aligned with business needs and strategy.
- Graduated with Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 4 years of full-stack development experience.
- 2 years of experience in L3 Support, including coding and support.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Azure VM services and storage account services.
- Strong understanding of .net coding and IIS, including data hosting and configuration.
- Familiarity with Asset Visualization tools such as iHawk, Universal Plant Viewer (UPV), Holobuilder, Lobster Vision, Hexagon S3D, and AVEVA E3D.
- Basic knowledge of ITIL (IT support model) and SQL Query/RDBMS understanding.
- Effective interpersonal skills, collaborative management style, and good English communication (both verbal and written). Proactive in communications and possesses good analytical skills.
- Experience in agile/scrum delivery teams/DevOps.
- Self-starter with the ability to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority.
- Capable of challenging and debating important issues in the organization.
- Experience in user training and user documentation writing is a plus.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combining our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.