WHERE YOU FIT?
HR Operations and EE Experience (HR) provides global remuneration, benefits and services for all businesses and their employees. Global Payroll has direct management oversight for E2E Payroll responsibilities across 30+ countries, representing approximately 92% of Shell employees globally, including the Shell HR community, third party providers. Annually the global Payroll team is responsible to ensure the timely, accurate and compliant delivery of approximately $14 Billion USD in total remuneration, in addition to extensive integration with both pension and equity assets across all countries.WHAT'S THE ROLE?
Reporting to the China Payroll Manager, the Payroll Specialist will be supporting China Payroll and will be accountable for processing monthly payroll (salary payments, statutory payments) and verifying payroll administration against statutory directives and company guidelines, performing FCM controls, managing the payroll process by means of internal audit. In addition, the successful incumbent will participate and lead local/regional/global project as assigned and champion continuous improvement activities.
The incumbent will also liaise with various internal (i.e. HR & Finance colleagues, HR in Country, Policy Benefits & Services, IMTC (International Mobility and Tax Compliance), Employment Tax, Employee's and Line Managers) and external (statutory body, PwC) stakeholders to resolve complex cases and provide exceptional customer service.
They must ensure all Financial Controls and Data Privacy Rules are accurately executed to fully address the business risk in an environment with high monetary materiality and safeguard from Data Privacy breaches.WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Knowledge of the Run Payroll-process and ensuring on time processing of the scheduled payroll runs. Solving issues and errors that blocks the payroll run from completion.
Skills and Requirements:
- Handling reconciliation process with associated reports, ensuring compliance with FCM controls and accuracy of the payroll, ensuring Posting to Finance process and 3rd party payments timely execution including bank file balancing.
- Responsible to monitor country statutory and legal changes and work with payroll managers for timely implementation to adjust payroll system, knowledge and managing process change. This includes testing payroll system and moving the changes to production system.
- Assist China Payroll Manager to perform self-audit including risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Lead Continuous Improvement projects, cost reductions, and process performance improvements. Maintain CI implementation schedules for assigned projects, progress updates as required including enough documentation update is available.
- Provide advice and support to local HR policy team, HR Operations on process clarification or consultation.
- Ensure payroll records and control files properly retained and timely declared as record per Group Record Management.
- Timely handle employee queries via Salesforce and meet SLA requirements.
- University Degree - preferably in Finance, HR, Accounting, Business Administration or MBA
- Minimum 5-8 years' work experience in Payroll Operations (Preferably with China Payroll experiences)
- Knowledge of Workday/SAP HR/Payroll system
- Experience in CI - System Testing or Any enhancement
- Experience in Project Management - Handling multiple stakeholder
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Mandarin proficiency (fluent in written and verbal for China Payroll)
- Advanced use of Salesforce and Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint is a must.
- Data analyses & Solves problems: Skill
- Communication: Skill
- Delivers Results: Skill
- Project Management: Skill
- Continuous Improvement: Skill
- Country Statutory and Compliance Knowledge: Skill
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.An Innovative Place to Work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A Rewarding Place to Work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
- We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.