Where you fit in
The Finance Advisor reports into the Finance Manager in Renewables & Energy Solutions Asia. The role provides financial support across the whole finance spectrum including Deal Delivery and New Business development support, accounting advice, financial performance appraisal and JV/contract governance. Immediate areas of focus include supporting strategy refresh activities, structuring new business corporate structures and supporting the development of investment cases for a number of new opportunities.What is the role
The Finance advisor is a broad role which provides end to end finance support for Renewable and Energy Solutions in Japan. You will be supported by the Shell group's expertise via a large network of functional experts. With this, you will need to integrate this in conjunction with your own knowledge and intimacy with the projects in Japan to provide high quality advice to opportunity managers and Business country leads.
What we need from you
- Finance business partner in Organic/Inorganic Renewables opportunities both in Japan
- Support preparations and ensure new business opportunities are executed in line with Shell governance frameworks (ORS) and ensure risk and reward and balanced transparently in investment proposals
- Review deal and project valuation activities
- Lead corporate structuring activities related to new ventures.
- Oversee venture governance and provide venture governance support (set up relevant statutory reporting processes and performance management)
- Support the preparation of budgets and plans
- Be able to describe to business partners the accounting and reporting implications proposed deals.
- As part of the wider Renewables and Energy Solutions Finance team, support opportunities and projects outside of Japan on a case by case basis.
- Excellent collaboration and people skills with the ability to engage across a large organization, integrating ideas and inputs.
- Strong presentation creation and delivery skills
- Ability to manage multiple interfaces both within country and within the wider Shell group of companies (internal and external)
- Masters degree or Professional Qualification in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business preferred.
- Understanding and experience with valuation and investment decision analysis
- Experience in corporate governance and controls
- Experience working in M&A deals, the renewables sector or on major capital intensive projects will be looked upon favorably.
- Eagerness to learn and continuously improvement essential
- Ability to speak and read Japanese, English