The purpose of this position is to set up and further develop Global H2 Mobility Product Quality Management processes and best practices to ensure assurance for H2 product quality in Mobility Operations covering the full supply chain from Loading Bays via Distribution to HRS and customer private premises. Where you fit in
As the world gravitates towards greener mobility and zero emission transportation, Shell Emerging Energy Solutions works on several fronts to provide customers with various choices that will reduce their mobility carbon footprint. This is a unique opportunity to participate in the rapidly growing Hydrogen mobility space and enable delivery of safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions via a structured Operations excellence strategy. There is an increasing demand for Hydrogen stations in Europe, especially since municipalities, countries and the European commission continue to introduce legislation mandating targets for decarbonization in the transportation sector. What is the role?
As the H2 Product Quality Operations Excellence lead, you will have to set and deliver Operations standards for Product Quality management in H2 Mobility Operations and define the journey to operational excellence, setting baseline, targets for improvement, measuring of result, reporting on progress. Specifically, this will cover the following areas:
- Overall management responsibility for set up and implementing of a H2 product quality assurance framework on global level, covering both H2 delivered via supplier as well as own produced and distributed H2
- Maintain metrics to measure effectiveness, efficiency, value delivery, alignment to bus. goals
- Stakeholder management (at management level and operations level) with suppliers, hauliers, customers, etc
- Responsible for E2E implementation of product Quality Management System (processes, tools)
- Balance long term process maturation with short term PQ assurance requirements
- Develop processes for managing off spec product (information flow, product flow, (tank/piping) capacity requirements, quality requirements, etc)
- Leading role to analyze and resolve product quality incidents with root cause investigation and implementing learnings across
- Develop / support LOD1 audits
Preferred countries Netherlands, UK, France, Germany or virtual in Northwest EU and California. What we need from you
We are keen to hear from individuals with extensive experience in cross country or regional Product Quality Management ideally also with material technical exposure. You'll also call on your Bachelor's/Master's degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent.
We also hope you possess the following skills or experience:
- Extensive experience in Operations, Asset Management and / or Road Transport
- In dept knowledge of quality assurance, laboratory, and analytical techniques, testing methods and sampling procedures
- Experience in providing PQ support to customers
- Skill/mastery in identifying key (process) bottle necks / issues, coordination of root cause analysis, development of actions plans, defining ownership and driving timely resolution
- Skill/mastery in (setting up) IT systems and tools (business model support and operations, manage (KPI) reporting)
- Understanding and experience in standard processes, IT systems, IT platforms, digital solutions
- Language skills: English; German and Dutch highly valued
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.