Where you fit in
Reporting to the Head of Compliance Strategy & Delivery, the Compliance Project Delivery Manager is a senior member of the Strategy & Delivery team within Trading & Supply (T&S) Compliance. You will be a key enabler in the delivery of Second Line of Defence (LOD2) projects and strategic initiatives to enhance to the overall T&S Compliance Framework, the digitalisation of global T&S Compliance processes, and supporting initiatives under the Risk Portfolio Board programme of work delivered by the T&S first Line of Defence (LOD1).What's the role?
The Compliance Delivery team is a group of highly driven Compliance professionals focussed on using their broad knowledge of Compliance frameworks, risks and controls to deliver solutions to enhance the T&S Compliance Framework.
The Compliance Project Delivery Manager will be responsible for supporting the Head of Compliance Strategy & Delivery in planning and overseeing the delivery of all major LOD2 projects and initiatives to enhance to the overall T&S Compliance Framework. In addition, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge and experience across a broad spectrum of trading compliance functional domains to deliver your own portfolio of cross-T&S Compliance projects in support of the T&S Compliance strategy. The projects within the portfolio will range from initiatives to continually review and improve Compliance tools, processes, and data to the implementation of new regulatory requirements and the integration of new T&S businesses / acquisitions.
You will be expected to:
What we need from you
- Serve as the delegate to the Head of Strategy & Delivery.
- Use your compliance risk expertise to establish a projects pipeline in alignment with overall T&S Compliance strategy and priorities.
- Develop an annual T&S Compliance projects plan and budget.
- Drive project prioritisation, fit-for-purpose governance, scope, and requirements for any LOD2 compliance or regulatory projects.
- Assist the Head of Compliance Strategy & Delivery in overseeing the delivery and managing the risks associated with the LOD2 project portfolio.
- Provide the Head of Compliance Strategy & Delivery with regular reporting on overall project portfolio status, risks, and issues against plan.
- Deliver your own portfolio of projects using a combination of other permanent resources within the Strategy & Delivery team, flexible contractor/consultant resources and Subject Matter Experts from within the rest of the Compliance team.
- Act as an escalation focal point for advice and support of more junior Delivery team resources.
- Assist the Head of Compliance Strategy & Delivery with the recruitment of team resources.
- Participate and represent Shell in external working groups in efforts to ensure best practices for Compliance.
Along with your bachelor's degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience, we hope to see the following in your CV:
- Extensive experience in compliance/business risk and controls roles in consulting, financial services, trading organisations or regulators.
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience across a broad spectrum of trading compliance functional domains and knowledge of global financial regulatory compliance requirements.
- A broad knowledge of one or more segments of the T&S Businesses (including Crude, Products, Energy, LNG, Shipping, Operations and Supply) and an understanding of trading instruments, trading strategies, and risk concepts.
- Strong project management, change management and continuous improvement expertise, with demonstrated ability to manage several projects at once and comfortable working in fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation, value delivery, cost, and quality.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills including the ability to design solutions to problems and translate design into implementation actions.
- Proven ability to deliver through others outside of a direct of reporting line and remain focused and productive under pressure and recover quickly from setbacks.
- Proven leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to motivate, develop and drive performance and encourage positive team dynamics.
- Robust written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of an organisation, both internally and externally, and engage with a wide range of stakeholders. Credible and persuasive in ensuring the needs of our complex business are fully understood, resolve conflict, and deliver tough messages.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner effectively within a global leadership team.
Compliance is a foundation of the way in which T&S does business and therefore integrity is one of the fundamental values that we are seeking as part of your role in the Compliance leadership team. We believe integrity is the hallmark of a person who demonstrates sound moral and ethical principles during their work. Integrity is the foundation on which co-workers build relationships, trust, and effective interpersonal relationships. It is essential that the successful candidate will be able to give clear examples of integrity as one of their core values.If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.About Shell UK
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.