Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
We are looking for a new Buyer
to join our Procurement department in Langenhagen. Our new colleague will be primary responsibility for purchasing materials, supplies and services within established limits and quality, quantity and price guidelines. You will work with items that are readily available and quantities are generally small. Day to day you will be buying from local retailers, wholesalers, jobbers, and sales representatives. You will prepare purchase orders, maintain a list of preferred suppliers, and prepare routine and special reports as required. In addition, you will obtain quotes, negotiate delivery arrangements and you may also be responsible for locating new sources of supply. Responsibilities & Duties:
- Compile information and records to prepare purchase orders in accordance with proper procedures.
- Interview and confer with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price availability, and delivery schedule.
- Estimate values according to knowledge of market prices.
- Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintain manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, cost, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Select and order merchandise from showings by representatives or purchase items on open market.
- Related purchasing experience.
- College/University Degree qualified.
- Knowledge of billing practices and controls.
- ERP - system working experience.
- Strong German and English language skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively work with employees, supervisors, vendors and customers.
- Competitive salaries according to the market.
- Christmas Bonus.
- Holiday Bonus.
- Possibility for Hybrid work.
- Attractive work tasks in an international environment.
- Regular employee development meetings.
- Free drinks and fruit flat rate.