Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor (or Subcontract Administrator) role in a module fabrication contract to be executed in a module fabrication yard located in Philippines (approx. 100 km from Manila). The ideal candidate will work in a multi-cultural integrated team and will report to the Subcontract Administration Manager.
Skills / Qualifications
- Participate to each Kick-off meeting to inform subcontractors about the procedures of administration (preparation of unit rate accounting, evaluation of extra works, progress payment certificates, bank guarantees, insurances to be provided etc.)
- Review in detail and approve the Contractor's progress payment certificates (PPCs) in accordance with the Contract, obtain all internal (Wood) and external (Client) authorizations and issue the authorization to invoice letter to Contractors.
- Review Contractor's additional compensation requests and offers, negotiate and agree with Contractor and issue the relevant Change Orders (CHO), obtain all internal and external authorizations, and send the CHO to Contractor for execution. Once the CHO will be completed, verify the final cost proposal from Contractor and approve.
- Organize weekly subcontracting meetings to discuss open commercial items and issue on a weekly basis the relative notes of meeting.
- Ensure that the unit rate accounting (pre and as built) approval is given in accordance with the contractual method of measurement and preambles. Following the verification of unit rate accounting by the Quantity Surveyor, if any disputes arise, inform Subcontract Administration Manager and organize a dedicated meeting to discuss the matter with the Contractor.
- Assure that extra works, claims, back charges, penalties and close out of the contract are performed / processed in accordance with the Project Subcontract Administration Procedure.
- Update each month the "Subcontract Administration Report" including all CHOs and PPCs issued within the month.
Monitor the official correspondence between Wood and construction contractors and inform the subcontract administration manager for any critical issues.
- Draft letters to reply to Contractors and send them to Subcontract Administration Manager review.
- Follow up insurances and bank guarantees and inform Subcontract Administration Manager for the ones that are expiring.
- Ensure that all contract, unit rate accounting and CHO documents are properly filed and in auditable conditions
- Assist Subcontract Administration Manager for the evaluation of claims assessment and follow up until the final settlement and issue of the settlement agreement.
- Assist the Subcontract Administration Manager in resolving disputes with contractors, about contractor's contractual obligations, and participate, as required to the claim meetings with contractors
hold an Engineer or a technical degree with minimum 5 years of experience in Subcontracts and Subcontracts Administration at site for Chemical and Oil & Gas industries. Previous experience in France is a plus
Have very good level of written and spoken English; Philippine is a plus
Have good experience in MS Office programs with complex Excel files
Have very good communication and leadership skills
Be used to work in an integrated team on complex projects
Be able to supervise one or more Quantity Surveyor
Be eligible to work in Philippine
Be available to work at construction site Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.