Pre-commissioning LeadWood Featured Employer
Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for Pre-Commissioning Lead to strengthen our team in Iraq, Basra. Successful candidate would be working on a 28 / 28 rotation.
• Multi discipline responsibility for the safe and efficient delivery of all pre commissioning and completion activities to ready for commissioning status.
• Manage and administer the Go Completions process and system delivering system completion to RFC status.
• Interface with Engineering to ensure correct and timely Go Completion system preparation and support the CIC in providing documentation at RFC to CSU.
• Front line responsibility for contractors HSSE performance, meeting Client minimum standards, Compliance with HSE execution plan and delivery against safety road map activities/actions
• Provide front line Safety Leadership of the Construction teams. Proactively develop behaviors and culture of safety first
• Participate in EPS & EPF Design HAZID/Constructability reviews. Identify hazards and controls, constructability improvements to reduce safety and improve efficiency
• Assure CIC and EPS/F construction teams incorporate risk assessment and do ability into construction work pack development (WfP).
• Lead and attend safety stand downs, safety site visits, CSSS audits. Raise observations by positive intervention empower workers to identify hazards and implement controls
• Participate as team member in safety incident investigations providing interface with contractors HSE team ensure SMART action close out
• Manage Pre Commission execution phase as directed by the Construction Manager. Ensure the asset and contractor Pre-Commissioning and completions team implements and executes the scope as per technical specification and project schedule requirements
• Set up the Go Complete system and manage through to project close-out. e.g. create System and Subsystem boundaries. Define engineering deliverables including metadata for seamless import into completions database. Liaise with Construction, Commissioning and Operations to ensure smooth handover process.
• Create equipment ITR matrix as per the commissioning requirements. Update of CCMS database with all deliverables. Ensure all equipment has been allocated with the correct check sheets as defined by ITR Matix / Commissioning dept.
• Participate in contractor mobilization Go No Go process ensuring critical HSSE, construction, quality, logistics, material management, project services and SP/LC processes procedures, and systems are compliant to client standards and issued as mobilization plan
• Interface with the procurement and materials management teams, expediting material delivery to agreed ROS. Ensure construction contractor site material control and bagging and tagging activities are in line with discipline specific pre commission schedule requirements.
• Manage contractor Hand On Tools Time to achieve efficiency. Proactively identify and promote effective working methods with the construction contractor
• Ensure site TQ's are raised by contractor as required. Ensure that the engineering response to the TQ'S are expedited and CIC implements changes corrections on site.
• Ensure contractor compiles evidence of closed TQs and provides documentation as part of completions process
• Ensure and assure contractor installs and completes work in line with ITR requirements. Manage the contractor during the seamless interface from area construction to system/sub system completion.
• Ensure the status of all engineering changes, TQs / EOs are monitored in the CMS, and correctly assigned to systems/sub-systems.
• Expedite the closure by priority of all outstanding works for completion of Mechanical Completion packages. Preparation and submission of Mechanical Completion execution plans, flowcharts and handover procedures
• Review and approval of Contractors ITPs and Procedures for pre commissioning activities. Perform inspections and verifications (RFI) during pre commissioning in accordance with requirements of the ITPs and Company Specifications.
• Verify certification is correctly signed off and data is entered into CMS database upon certificate completion. Monitor and ensure inspection and quality surveillance activities are efficiently and effectively performed.
• Work closely with Contractors personnel and advise them of quality requirements. Ensure timely and adequate review and assurance of contractors Quality Records.
• Perform inspections and verifications during pre commissioning activities in accordance with the asset assurance plan and requirements of the contractors ITP.
• Review and assurance of QA/QC requirements for red line as constructed drawings.
• Provide discipline expertise to site team to avoid/resolve quality problems. Provide early warning of potential quality problems
• Apply project flawless principles ensuring cleanliness and tightness controls are defined by the contractor and implemented as required
• Ensure preservation activities and controls are identified within work packs and construction contractor complies with preservation requirements
• Ensure timely and adequate review and approval of contractors Quality Records / Handover Dossiers
• Ensure compliance to and periodic reviews & updates (as required) of the following:
• HSE Plan,Security plan, Emergency response plan. Journey mangmentt plan,Envoronmental plan.quality plan, site cosntruction execution plan
• Ensure ongoing compliance with requirements for the following: examples
• Planning, progress & cost reporting, change and claims management, time writing, document management, local content optimization, HSSE and Quality audits
• Ensure clear understanding of construction and pre commission scope. Assure compliance of CIC to design and specification requirements
• Confirmation of scope completion against contract payment milestones.
• Support CH and CE in ensuring contractors compliance to contract T&Cs
• Review of contractor raised site instructions confirming variation and assessment of commercial and schedule impact
• Manage progress and contractor work allocation minimizing company exposure to claim.
• Prepare reports and support information to the CH in preperation for business performance reviews
• Reviewing the Contractor and the Company performance data, trends and KPI's, and identifying and agreeing improvement actions for both parties
Skills / Qualifications
Working experience in Iraq is a must
• Degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline
• Member of a relevant professional body or institution is preferred
• 5+ years of experience of working in similar or relevant commissioning roles and total 15+ years in Oil and Gas industry
• A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
• Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
• Speaking Arabic is an advantage
• Adaptable to the Middle Eastern culture and post conflict environment
• Demonstrate ability to deal with multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.