Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as an I&E Technician in Kermit, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Skills / Qualifications
- Provides electrical support for the installation, maintenance, and repair of company operated primary and secondary voltage electrical systems to ensure that they are performing safely, efficiently, and reliably.
- Evaluate and correct system issues at facilities, as well as well sites to ensure continuity of critical operations.
- Works closely with Operations to ensure that the field runs efficiently.
- Promotes continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Conducts on-call duties as needed on a night and weekend basis.
- Promotes and provides a safe environment as it pertains to all HSE policies.
- Performs and coordinates inspections on existing electrical sites to ensure electrical safety/code compliance.
- Generates work orders and closes orders as necessary.
- Oversees, monitors, & witnesses: Grounding/Breaker Installation/Terminations/Continuity checks/Instrument Installation/Loop checks/System Function checks/P&ID check outs of contractor's work execution during Capital Project installation.
- Maintains high safety standards during construction and participate in the PSSR walkdown at the completion of the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of electrical troubleshooting and repair or similar experience
- Texas Journeyman License (TDLR)
- Valid Driver's license with acceptable MVR
- 7+ years oil and gas experience
- Ability to diagnose electrical system problems and implement timely solutions.
- Ability to manage contractors to ensure quality of work.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.