Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer
to join their Mining and Minerals Canada team in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role has overall responsibility for providing Electrical Engineering support on our major projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Join a culture of innovation,
pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients across Canada. Our teams are making it a priority to develop flexible working arrangements that balance client, team, and individual needs, through our standard hybrid working model
Come and join a winning team! Come and join #TeamWood! Key responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide project engineering and electrical discipline leadership.
- Perform engineering design and related duties; including, power system studies, equipment specifications and selection, management of vendor / equipment suppliers, power distribution layouts, grounding, LV and MV motor sizing and selection, cable distribution design, schematic, single line, termination schedule and wiring design.
- Assist with construction supervision as well as the commissioning of industrial electrical systems.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Maintain and plan cost control for all scopes of work.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel, as required.
- Review, check and approve work output of discipline assigned personnel, as required.
- Prepare estimates and schedules as well as assisting in their review.
- 12+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's degree (B. S..) from a recognized University
- Professional Engineering (PEng) or ability to register as a Professional with APEGBC
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is considered an Asset.
- Experience with ETAP or similar software design tools are considered an asset.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D design/drafting techniques.
- Ability to provide technical leadership for the electrical components of multi-disciplinary industrial or power generation projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.