We are recruiting for a Technical Bids Engineer to join our client on a permanent basis. The job purpose / duties:
• Build and deliver high quality proposals to customer defined timelines and requirements
• Work closely with internal and external stakeholders as required to ensure accurate and compliant bids
• Acts as primary technical point of contact for bids following issue to client
• Ensures timeframe and bid delivery are optimised to enhance customer experience and departmental performance
• Liaises and maintains relationships with 3rd party suppliers to support costing accuracy & responsiveness
• Works closely with other members of the sales team understanding market needs and plans
• Supports the building of key customer relationships by building an intimate understanding of customer strategy & needs
• Applies appropriate bid templates, processes and tools to ensure alignment and continuity in line with company policies
• Supports the development of processes and tools that create and support departmental best practices
• Seeks to continually raise the bar on bidding best practices and personal development focus areas
• Ensures that all bids are recorded and captured within the appropriate business system for review & retrieval Qualifications & Desired experience:
In addition, some of the following experience would be desirable:
- HND/HNC and/or a Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline i.e. Mechanical Engineering.
- Be highly motivated to support work-winning activities.
- Have an excellent eye for detail taking responsibility for all aspects within their control.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with experience of working on technical projects
- Excellent organisational skills, can manage competing priorities and work to time, cost & quality requirements.
- Has a strong, proven track record of proposal management / tender preparation
- Has effective communication, negotiation, and relationship management skills
- Can apply different communication approaches to engage with our business, staff, and external stakeholders
- Demonstrates an understanding of bidding / proposal practice, procurement processes and quality and engineering systems
- Is able to take a flexible approach which responds to the issues presented
- Is able to write compelling proposals in response to clients' requirements
- Dealing with equipment suppliers and manufacturers.
- Knowledge and understanding of the defence / oil and gas / nuclear industry preferable.
- Can lead junior members of staff to support the technical delivery of their work and ongoing professional development
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.