Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Pumper/Operator in Pecos, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more. The main responsibility of operator is to assure that wellheads located in the field across a wide area are properly maintained and working efficiently. Job based out of Orla/Mentone area.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Skills / Qualifications
- Perform operational check of assigned wells and associated equipment and facilities as necessary. Inspecting oil wells, tanks, meters, separators, compressors and attached piping components for leaks or unusual conditions and taking correct actions
- Check wells, maintain normal operating levels, pressures and flow on separation equipment, making adjustments to automatic and manual controls
- Witness purchaser's gauges and tests, ensuring accuracy, for sale or transfer of crude oil and water
- Conduct production tests, including minor repairs on surface production and injection equipment.
- Assume responsibility and authority to stop unsafe work on Marathon location by employees or contractors
- Help maintain compliance, in conjunction with HES team and production team, with all regulatory, environmental and safety regulations
- Prepare, maintain and submit daily reports and records of gas/liquid volume, well pressure and volume of chemicals used
- Monitor and optimize production and costs within area of control
- 4-7 years of general oilfield and operator experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver's license
- Self motivated individual with ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Ability to utilize laptop PC and applicable software; familiarity with eVIN production software packages a plus
- Gas Lift, ESP, Artificial lift and SCADA preferred
#woodpermian Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.