Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Senior Piping Engineer (Senior Piping Engineer - Piping layout & Stress) to strengthen our team. This is a home Office position based in Dubai, but it may involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Iraq.
Skills / Qualifications
- Reporting to the Lead Piping Engineer, the candidate will assume sole responsibility for assigned piping engineering work scopes.
- To carry out Piping discipline work within a project team, supporting the project team for field development of oil and gas production facilities.
- To plan, budget, organize, and control a segment of the Piping engineering deliverables for the project.
- P repare Piping deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client's policies and procedures.
- Conduct pipe stress analysis for critical lines in piping/Pipeline systems as per ASME codes (ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4 and ASME B31.8) using CAESAR II software .
- Perform pipe stress analysis for different equipment like turbine, Compressors, Pumps, tanks, exchangers, heaters, columns, etc.
- Provide pipe loading information to Civil/Structure.
- Detailed knowledge of pipe supports and specification.
- Prepare complete documentation of the stress analysis and support design.
- Checking and approval of all piping deliverables and proven skill at support selection.
- Preparation of Plot Plans in accordance with Project requirements and standards. Detailed knowledge of Piping Design and Plant Layout aspects.
- Ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- Provide direction and guidance on all piping engineering technical queries raised by either internal or external parties.
- Liaise with the Client's Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion.
- Always promote safe behaviour.
- Provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- Co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- Assist in the coordination of all activities related to piping engineering design.
- Identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the oil and gas industry.
- FEED, Brownfield, and Upstream Oil experience is a must.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East preferred.
- Experience of sour service operations would be an advantage.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.