Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.Overview
We are seeking a Planning Engineer to join the Capital Program and Budgets Division of Facilities Planning Department.
The Capital Program and Budgets Division (CP&BD) is responsible for the development and coordination of Saudi Aramco's Capital Program & Budget and assisting the preparation of project Expenditure Requests for gate review and approval by senior management and Board. The successful candidate will be part of the Capital Program and Budgets Division which is a component of the Facilities Planning Department, Engineering Services. CP&BD comprises the Capital Programs Group, Expenditure Requests Group and Capital Management System Group. The activities of CP&BD include developing and maintaining manuals and governing procedures used in support of the Capital Program.
The Planning Engineer primary role is to support/lead the development of the Capital Program and Budget preparation of project Expenditure Requests for the presentation of the Capital Program, Annual Capital Budget and Expenditure Requests to corporate management, President & CEO and Board of Directors. This will involve working across Finance, Engineering and Project Management disciplines to seek input and alignment of deliverables to management.Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a subject matter expert in the development of the Capital Program and Budgets. This will involve a review of the merits and validity of project business case submittals that will include an assessment of economic robustness and compliance against internal corporate guidelines.
- Lead the review of Capital Program and ER planning briefs against compliance to internal departmental standards prior to endorsement and approval of management.
- Review annual project submittals to ensure business cases are coherent and of high quality prior to management review.
- Participate in a lead role in the development of presentations for senior management and executive level management.
- Having a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency between Capital Program and ER planning cycles, and approval authorities will be expected.
- Periodic review of internal company standards and their application to capital planning and expenditure request processes is expected, making recommendations for enhancements where necessary.
- The role will be expected to build strong working relationships internally within the department and across Business Lines and to provide mentorship and training to graduate level talent in support of Saudi Aramco objectives.
- Provide knowledge on cost estimate development, WBS breakdown and reconciliation.
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering or Business discipline from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree in a numerical discipline is preferred such as Science, Technology, Engineering or Business.
- At least 8 to 10 years' experience in a planning function related to capital project development and expenditure request funding, including at experience in an engineering or project management role.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.