Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Fusing of metals to produce specific products and provide support to services operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Carry out fabrication workshop duties at the well screens manufacturing site
- Fabrication, Fitting and Welding of Product
- Complete all functions in line with the QHHSE policy and procedures
- Workshop duties and product manufacture
- Maintain operational levels ensuring efficient and effective operation
- Assist with the despatch and packaging of WIP and completed items for shipments to third party suppliers and end clients
- Make sure that all relevant information and paperwork associated with the work order is available prior to starting fabrication
- Check the Weatherford material specification against the material issue sheet so that the correct procedure can be chosen for tacking and welding spools
- Check the WPS against the drawings and or weld logs so that the correct procedure is being used
- Check the welding consumables are correct against the WPS applicable for the work order being worked on
- Check all WIP material issued by the stores matches the requirements of the drawings and work order information sheets
- Record all relevant details as defined in the Weld and Weave and Plate log sheets provided in the work pack Identify requirements for NDT when fabricated items are available and reach NDT test stage as per the work order
- Follow manufacturing instructions as defined in the drawings supplied with work orders
- Record all relevant details as defined in the Weave Repair logs in accordance with the weave repair instructions where this is required to complete weave repairs
- Liaise with maintenance and report any defective equipment to the supervisor or maintenance.
- Demonstrate a high standard of safety awareness and housekeeping with the 6S programme in mind. This will include the layout of workshop in conjunction with the 6S program.
- Ensure all the items being manufactured are inspected before the next operation as per the work order routing and process control
- Adhere to ISO 14001 environmental standard supporting efficient energy usage, waste segregation, clean-up of spills within the workshop environment and effective reporting of said events in line with company reporting standard
- Assist supervision to optimise the flow of product throughout the production plant
- Assist with forklift and crane manoeuvres throughout the plant in accordance with operator training
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Use of hand tools, jigs and fixtures.
- Use of variety of welding machines.
- Use of variety of welding rods, gases and processes.
- Use of cutting torch or torch equipment.
- Preferred High school diploma or GED preferred
- Knowing various temperatures for special materials and welding to engineering specifications.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.