Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.Overview
We are seeking a Gas Engineer for our Facilities Planning Department (FPD)
FPD is responsible for the development and coordination of the capital program throughout the Company.
The Gas Facilities Planning Division (GFPD) comprises three groups: Gas Group, NGL and Unconventional Group, and Master Plans & Major Studies Group. GFPDs responsibilities include coordinating and planning for facilities under Southern and Northern area Gas Operations, Unconventional Resources and Global Manufacturing Admin Areas to support gas and NGL development programs, specifically developing Master Plans, DBSPs, and conducting studies and economic evaluations. GFPD is responsible for developing long term plans for the Master Gas System and developing the Gas and NGL Business Master Plan.Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct feasibility studies on major additions/upgrade to gas processing and NGL facilities.
- Conduct studies on de-carbonization, considering CCS, energy efficiency, other technologies and opportunities that support De-carbonization and circular economy.
- Develop and update the Marginal Abetment Cost Curves for Carbone reduction opportunities.
- Perform evaluations required to establish and support long term business strategies related to gas and NGL facilities and de-carbonization.
- Prepare scoping papers to define capital projects covering gas processing, NGL and unconventional facilities.
- Interface with operating organizations, engineering services, project management and corporate planning.
- Perform system and economic evaluations of existing and potential new gas processing and NGL facilities.
- Prepare and make presentations to Corporate Management on gas processing and NGL operations issues and investment opportunities.
- Mentor young planning engineers to be Facilities Planning Specialists.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 12 years of experience. With at least 10 years in gas processing and NGL operations and capital program planning.
- Experience in performing economic evaluations, feasibility studies and preparing requests for budgetary approvals.
- Experience with professional consultants in planning and executing engineering studies.
- Experience in process/system simulation of gas processing and NGL operations.
- Able to communicate fluently in English both in writing and orally.
- Experience in Carbon Capture and Sequestration (CCS)
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.