Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer with relevant experience in the refinery, oil & gas and petrochemical industry for performing process design activities in various phases of projects (viz., conceptual design, feasibility study, basic/FEED and detail engineering).
Senior Process Engineer should be able to understand the sequence of finalizing each of the process documents. Should have quick and fast learning attitude to grasp the latest tools and software in the process design field. Should be able to communicate / interact with the team effectively and give directions to the junior engineers. Should be able to understand the project requirements / philosophies and carryout the following process activities independently.
Skills / Qualifications
- Prepare / check / Update design basis
- Perform / check Simulation using PRO-II or HYSYS to finalize the PFD and HMB
- Prepare / check PFD/UFD and HMB
- Perform / check process calculation for Pumps and Compressors
- Prepare / check Pump and Compressor datasheets
- Prepare / check datasheets for other equipment and packages
- Prepare / check DPTD
- Provide process inputs for preparation of MSD
- Perform / check line sizing for the pumped and non-pumped lines
- Prepare / check / Update P&IDs, PSFS and C&E diagrams
- Prepare / update Control narratives and other philosophies
- Perform / check design calculations for two phase and three phase separators, KODs / Flare KODs.
- Check control valve design calculations and prepare its datasheet
- Perform / check safety relief calculations as per relevant API standards
- Prepare / check process documents line list, HMS and Utility summary
- Conduct dynamic simulation study, transient study, surge study, Minimum Metal Design Temperature (MDMT) study, etc.
- Conduct depressurization studies, flare load estimation and flare system design
- Coordinate with drafting team and engineering team for process inputs and drawing preparation
- Coordinate / attend project review and 3-D model review meetings with client / vendors
- Should attend safety studies like Hazop/Hazid and SIL assessment and undertake close-out activities for open points identified in these meetings.
- Should be able to lead a section / area of the project
- B.Tech / M.Tech (Chemical Engineering)
- Post qualification experience is desirable.
- Should have worked as an area lead in projects.
- Hands on experience in simulation software and design tools
- Knowledge on Indian and international standards preferred.
- Experience in basic engineering, FEED and Detail engineering projects for Oil & Gas, Refinery and Petrochemical sector for Indian and International clients
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.