Laboratory Engineer Description:
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet. Together, we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy, for the benefit of all.
We are looking for a Laboratory Engineer to join our Stimulation Chemistry New Product Development Team. As a Laboratory Engineer, you will be responsible for conducting laboratory testing of new chemical additives for reservoir stimulation (hydraulic fracturing, acidizing, sand management, water conformance and corrosion). He or she will perform routine and non-routine testing, prepare comprehensive laboratory reports, and provide technical assessment during the selection and fluid design process. Responsibilities:
Requirements and qualifications:
- Set up and conducts routine and non-routine tests to evaluate the fluid design.
- Prepares periodic summary reports as required
- Reviews work booklets, analysis sheets, and computer-generated reports
- Assists with the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Monitors laboratory working areas to insure clean, orderly, and safe working conditions
- Assists Laboratory Manager, or assigned supervisor, with the disposal of laboratory waste according to properly conducted methods
- Maintains laboratory results database
- Participates in monthly safety and operations improvement meetings
- Completes training modules for promotion to the next career level
- Assists Laboratory Manager, or assigned supervisor, in providing test information
- Assists Laboratory Manager, or assigned supervisor, with ordering supplies, chemicals, and parts for department operations
- Assists in preparing presentations for internal and external laboratory clients
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety, and Environment standards and procedures
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, and driving)
- BSc in physical science, math, or engineering. Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 year's laboratory and chemical analysis experience
- Solid understanding of fluid, pressure, flow, temperature concepts, and measurement techniques.
- Aptitude for collecting and analyzing data in an organized and methodological manner.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite and data analytics tools
- Experience with O&G fluids and chemicals is a plus
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet. At SLB we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. As innovators, that's been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world's greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world's growing energy demands. We're working on that answer. Every day, a step closer. Our collective future depends on decarbonizing the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It's what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an "Equal Opportunity Employer". For more information regarding your rights, refer to the latest version of the "EEO is the Law" poster, the "EEO is the Law-Supplement" poster, and the "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision" located here: company website
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact company website to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion | SLB (slb.com) for more information.
SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.