Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes approximately 30,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries. Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Weatherford Malaga, Perth is seeking for a full-time permanent Sr. HSE Advisor - Australasia. This role will be covering the bases in Australia (Roma and Malaga), New Zealand and PNG, reporting directly to the Geozone HSE Manager and dotted line report to the Area Director. This positions top priority is to ensure that internal process and procedures are established and validated to provide continuous safety outcomes. As the Sr. HSE Advisor - Australasia, this role will work closely with the Geozone HSE Manager to support WFD's leading safety culture.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
- Responsible for the administration of & monitoring compliance to the WFT OEPS Management System
- Participate in internal audits of the OEPS management system & external audits of suppliers as per schedule
- Participate in regular reviews of the OEPS management system to ensure that system objectives are being met fully & the system is effective.
- Pursuing areas for continuous improvement.
- Provide advice on the implementation on & verify compliance to safe working procedures, requirements of the RADAR program, site PPE requirements Monitor RADAR process actions to ensure they are followed up & closed out.
- Participate in conducting & maintain current site HSSE risk assessments.
- Distribute HSE information to employees as appropriate.
- Maintain HSE incident records in WPTS Participate in emergency response drills as per schedule
- Monitor site induction conducted in line with company requirements.
- Participate in CPAR investigations ensuring they are completed fully & that appropriate root causes & actions are identified & implemented
- Participate in site safety meetings.
- Provide advice on application of hierarchy of controls as part of the risk management process.
- Conduct regular inspections of facilities verifying compliance to key OEPS processes, including but not limited to Permit to Work, LOTO, pressure testing, machinery guarding, calibration/lifting equipment.
- Perform Facility Inspections, Hazard Hunts & Field Audits as per schedule to verify compliance to OEPS requirements Maintain HSE records as per OEPS requirements.
- Regularly inspect which substances used in facilities & ensure MSDS Online maintained to reflect current usage & that they are stored & used as per OEPS requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Certificate IV in Work Health Safety is essential.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineer or technical discipline is advantageous.
- 3-7 years' experience in HSE Recognised HSE qualification.
- Strong Incident Investigation experience.
- Experience within a large, high risk industrial organisation preferably within the Oil and Gas, Mining or similar industry.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Australian HSE legislation (eg., Standards and Codes of Practice).
- Exceptional risk management skillset.
- Strong communication skills (fluent in both written and oral English).
- Strong commitment to maintaining a safe working environment.
- Proactive and innovative approach to continuous improvement and delivery methodology
- Extensive experience in identifying problems, analysing data, generating opinions, and implementing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Computer literate & Microsoft Office.
- Malaga, Perth
- 8am - 4:30pm
- Twice a year local travel to Roma
- Once in 5 years international travel to NZ.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.