Overview / Responsibilities
Massy Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer with experience in the offshore O il and Gas industry. Overview / Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Design instrumentation engineering deliverables ensuring all engineering works are completed in accordance with the approved project schedule and within allocated man-hours.
- Provide offshore site engineering support..
- Review and comment PFD / P&ID for any control / interlock / safety related representations. Ensure that all comments are consistent and are included in the drawings.
- Participate in HAZOP. Implement safety instrument design as per HAZOP / SIL review reports.
- Prepare / review / develop specifications of DCS / SIS / F&G systems and any other PLC related systems.
- Prepare the I&C requirements for package units, MR, technical clarification and bid evaluations, document review and approval.
- Review and approve vendor documents for incorporation into the design and coordination with other disciplines. Provide the input to other disciplines.
- Design cause & effect matrix, logic diagrams, control narratives and safety narratives, any other necessary control & ESD system related documents for the system configurations.
- Instruct and advise instrument design team for the control system hardware and cabling installation design, system cabinet earthing and grounding design.
- Review / comment / approve supplier's test procedures; attend FAT / SAT and follow up with any punch list. Prepare functional test procedures for loop testing.
- Require extensive and independent contact with clients, vendor's representatives and project field personnel. Attend and participate in coordination meetings required.
- Direct and / or participate in job site visits to collect design and engineering data.
- Engineering Support to Construction and Commissioning.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering with minimum 6 years of experience in conceptual studies, FEED, detailed engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) projects in Oil and Gas / Petrochemical.
- Knowledgeable with ISA Standards and other international standards for instrumentation and control, API, AGA, NFPA.
- Knowledge of DCS / PLC based system and Field Instrumentation.
- Familiar with PC based design software for sizing of instruments.
- Preparation of requisition and procurement of instruments and control system.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.