IRC222549 - PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, OFFSHORE STRUCTURES
, we are looking for a Principal Engineer, Offshore Structures
within EniProgetti UK Branch
in Basingstoke, UK
. You will be responsible for studying and defining the best technical solutions for offshore structures (both substructures and topsides) during various design stages (feasibility, FEED, detail design). About EniProgetti UK Branch
Eni Progetti is wholly owned by Eni, the global energy company. Eni Progetti performs a key role developing projects and providing expert engineering support to Eni businesses worldwide. The company has an integrated operation office in the UK in Basingstoke. Eni Progetti is currently helping to lead Eni in the energy transition from traditional business areas with decarbonized solutions such as CCS (Carbon Capture and Storage) to innovative project such as renewables, hydrogen, etc. The office is a landmark feature on Basing View in central Basingstoke, with ample free parking and only a five-minute walk from the mainline railway station. This is an exciting time in the UK and international energy business with the opportunity to develop skills and capabilities in new technologies on dynamic projects. Eni is committed to moving towards a 'net zero' future and if you want to be part of driving this change, join us. Eni Progetti UK operates a Smart Working policy allowing personnel to work for up to 12 working days/month from home or a similar secure UK location and these 12 days can be available even where personnel are on leave for a portion of the month. As such, typically around 60% of time working remotely is available for individuals who wish to take advantage of this. As a member of the engineering team at EniProgetti UK Branch you will be responsible for
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements
- Analysing and making independent recommendations regarding solution to problems with varying complexity.
- Leading and directing a team of structural engineers that work on a Project or directing and supporting multiple teams of offshore structural engineers that work on several work packages.
- Leading the offshore design team and providing guidance on how to execute structural analysis.
- Setting up internal workflow for assigned Projects and planning the team's activities accordingly.
- Execute structural analysis.
- Reviewing technical documentation and analyses produced by the team before the issuance.
- Preparing sketch drawings and concept and feasibility studies.
- Teamwork and collaboration with immediate and wider teams.
- Liaising with other disciplines during project execution.
- Awareness of pipeline design standards requirements and correct application of Company HSEQ policies.
- Providing tutoring and mentoring to junior structural engineers.
- Interfacing with other discipline PDL in relation to the assigned Project.
- Working with planners and project management in relation to the assigned Project and within the discipline framework, and to organise the Project offshore resources' workload to deliver the scope within the schedule.
- Ability to convey technical information between project management and stakeholder.
- Strong experience in analyses and design of offshore structures, in accordance to ISO1900 series, API RP2A, AISC code.
- Ability to create and verify FEM models of fixed offshore structures, e.g. jacket and topside, for in-place and temporary conditions.
- Definition and design of foundation systems, including but not limited to foundation piles and mud mats.
- Experience in re-design and assessment of brownfield structures, with a strong attitude towards problem solving and capacity to make critical choices.
- Being familiar with offshore structural materials, fabrication, and installation aspects.
- Experience with floaters design.
- Experience in definition and follow-up of tender documentation for offshore structures design, and capacity to lead the bidders towards the most efficient solution.
- Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline such as Civil Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Structural Engineering or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering (with focus on structures)
- Experience with computer tools relevant to perform above activities (e.g., DNVGL SESAM Suite, USFOS, ANSYS, SACS).
- Good knowledge of Windows OS, Microsoft Office package AUTOCAD and similar.
- Awareness of marine operations and naval interfaces with structural design.
- Availability to travel abroad (both short and long term).
Basingstoke, UK Contract type:
At Eni we believe in enterprising people, capable of making a difference and making their contribution with passion and innovation, to respond to the global challenges of the energy transition. For us, the skills and attitudes of each individual , continuous training , and diversity and inclusion are fundamental. We promote flexible ways of working with particular attention to well-being, welfare and work life-balance.
Eni will evaluate applications considering plurality and diversity as sources of enrichment. If your application is assessed to be among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Whatever your ambition, at Eni you can find the tools to make it happen. Energy for action takers