IRC222661 - PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, PIPELINES
, we are looking for a Principal Engineer, Pipelines within EniProgetti UK Branch
in Basingstoke, UK
. You will be responsible for performing design activities for onshore and offshore rigid pipelines in all phases of the project (from Concept Selection up to Execution phase) in collaboration with other colleagues within the pipeline department, either a Lead Engineer on a project or reporting to the Lead Engineer typically on larger projects, execute pipeline engineering design activities for feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design, or EPC projects. About EniProgetti UK Branch
Eni Progetti is wholly owned by Eni, the global energy company. Eni Progetti performs a key role developing projects and providing expert engineering support to Eni businesses worldwide. The company has an integrated operation office in the UK in Basingstoke. Eni Progetti is currently helping to lead Eni in the energy transition from traditional business areas with decarbonized solutions such as CCS (Carbon Capture and Storage) to innovative project such as renewables, hydrogen, etc. The office is a landmark feature on Basing View in central Basingstoke, with ample free parking and only a five-minute walk from the mainline railway station. This is an exciting time in the UK and international energy business with the opportunity to develop skills and capabilities in new technologies on dynamic projects. Eni is committed to moving towards a 'net zero' future and if you want to be part of driving this change, join us. Eni Progetti UK operates a Smart Working policy allowing personnel to work for up to 12 working days/month from home or a similar secure UK location and these 12 days can be available even where personnel are on leave for a portion of the month. As such, typically around 60% of time working remotely is available for individuals who wish to take advantage of this. As a member of the engineering team at EniProgetti UK Branch you will be responsible for
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements
- Responsible for all pipeline engineering work and allocating, supervising, and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel .
- Supervising, reviewing, and checking the pipeline activities including Philosophies, Specifications, Routing Studies, Mechanical Design, Material Selection, Corrosion Protection, Stress Analysis, Layouts, Drawings, Datasheets and Technical Requisitions & Bid Evaluations. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract by raising technical queries with projects / client.
- Collaborating on all Pipeline Integrity Management activities for Eni operated pipelines
- Liaising with pipeline designers providing required input for pipeline drawings
- Checking and commenting on pipeline drawings produced by internal/external designers
- Checking design/installation activities carried by Contractors during execution phase of the project
- Acting as a technical specialist for Pipeline design activities
- Liaising with other disciplines (Process, Material and Corrosion, Flow Assurance, Instrumentation, Civil, Construction and Commissioning) during project execution phase
- Keeping abreast of pipeline design standards requirements and correct application of Company HSEQ policies
- Regularly review the suitability and accuracy of Eni technical standards and procedures and develop new ones as required
- Undertaking short term visits to a wide range of operating site and Eni geographic regional offices worldwide.
- Keeping abreast of new legislations on plant design and performance
- Ensuring a high standard of safety is maintained and Environmental and Quality Assurance processes are followed .
- Working experience in the Oil and Gas industry with respect to rigid offshore and onshore pipelines
- Knowledge of software, such as DNVGL pipelines design suite (SESAM pipeline package, PET, AutoPipe, AGA is mandatory)
- Knowledge of software, such as ABAQUS and Orcaflex is desirable
- Knowledge of UK and international specifications and codes (BS, DNV, ISO, API and ASME) is desirable
- Willingness to act and develop into a high-level technical expert
- Ideally Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline such as Pipeline Engineering, Subsea Pipeline Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
Basingstoke, UK Contract type:
At Eni we believe in enterprising people, capable of making a difference and making their contribution with passion and innovation, to respond to the global challenges of the energy transition. For us, the skills and attitudes of each individual , continuous training , and diversity and inclusion are fundamental. We promote flexible ways of working with particular attention to well-being, welfare and work life-balance.
Eni will evaluate applications considering plurality and diversity as sources of enrichment. If your application is assessed to be among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Whatever your ambition, at Eni you can find the tools to make it happen. Energy for action takers