The Medic Admin Officer (MAO) is responsible for health care and hygiene on the vessel. In addition the MAO shall be responsible for selected medical administration duties.
- Perform routine and emergency medical care on board
- Provide medical treatment under the direction of a Doctor employed by the Occupational Health Provider
- On Diving Support Vessels (DSV's):
- Carry out pre and post saturation medicals.
- Maintain DMAC bags
- Monitors general well-being of personnel and condition of their environment
- Maintain medical inventory in accordance with Flag and TMOS medical scales
- Update and drill crew on emergency procedures
- Assesses the need for health surveillance in conjunction with the TMOS Occupational Health Lead and carry out the health surveillance
- Maintain Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) records with Safety Officer and HSE Advisor
- Keep accurate records of consultations, treatments and accident reports
- Produce an end of trip report
- File personnel on board details and Next of Kin details
- Verify medical certificates are in date when personnel join the vessel and confirm certificates will remain valid during anticipated stay on board by the holder
- As per HSE-116 Offshore medics standard training and requirements