Research Scientist Internship (6 months) Geophysics Technology About Us:
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet.
At SLB we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. As innovators, that's been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world's greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world's growing energy demands. We're working on that answer. Every day, a step closer.
Our collective future depends on decarbonizing the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It's what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.Location
Crawley, UK Job Summary
SLB is seeking a research scientist for an internship position in the Geophysics Department's seismic processing program.
We're looking for a creative, innovative scientist to help us develop next-generation seismic processing algorithms for ocean bottom node data, working with our team of experts geoscientists and software engineers. Responsibilities
- Develop novel technologies for the early stages of ocean bottom seismic processing, including fundamental research and testing of the algorithms on data.
- Deliver software prototypes of the proposed technologies
- Effectively communicate the results of your work.
- PhD or MSc in a related discipline or equivalent research experience.
- Knowledge of signal theory required.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning technology required
- Knowledge of wave propagation theory preferred.
- Knowledge of C++ or Python
- Interest in applying and testing new concepts on field data.
We are open to flexible, hybrid working with a combination of on-site & home working days.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.