- Apply project management and instrument and electrical engineering skills and knowledge in all phases of projects from conception to closeout.
- Interact daily with project team members and key refinery stakeholders to ensure that project scope is clearly defined and meets the requirements of the end users.
- Develop packages for assigned projects, which include a project's objective, scope, schedule, benefits/justification, options, and costs.
- Manage and provide direction to engineering contractors.
- Initiate and participate in management of change (MOC) reviews for applicable projects.
- Provide project support to other area team engineers as needed for the instrument/electrical portion of multi-disciplined projects to ensure delivery of project assignments in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Review design drawings, construction packages, and specifications and coordinate input from stakeholders.
- Participate in technical reviews with project engineers, engineering firms and equipment suppliers.
- Ensure assigned projects comply with all applicable and electrical industry standards and recommendations throughout all phases of the project, e.g. NEC, IEEE, ANSI, NFPA, API, NEMA, etc.
- Support construction and commissioning of assigned projects.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (or above) in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the refining, petrochemical, or manufacturing industries with instrument/electrical systems and applications.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.