Project Commercial Manager
Employment basis: Staff
Start date: Urgent, into summer
At Leap29 we have been engaged by one of our long standing clients in Aberdeen to secure a Project Commercial Manager on a staff basis.
We are seeking a highly skilled Project Commercial Manager to join the team at a subsea EPCI firm. As PCM, you will play a critical role in enhancing the company's profitability by maximizing opportunities under the project contract and understanding the commercial and operational objectives of the organization.
You will be accountable for all commercial and administrative processes of the project, managing the contract relationship with clients and subcontractors, and identifying business opportunities while mitigating risks. The PCM will also manage all project support functions and assist with tendering activities as needed. If you are an experienced and ambitious professional with a proven track record in project commercial management, we encourage you to apply.
- Follow established management system for all tasks and duties
- Act as company representative in communication with clients
- Build effective working relationships with clients
- Manage contracts with clients, subcontractors, and partners at project level
- Tender and negotiate value-adding subcontracts
- Resolve contractual and commercial problems while ensuring all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations
- Ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions and document any changes or amendments
- Manage the VO (variation order) process and negotiations with clients and subcontractors
- Have a full understanding of specified scope of work and contract terms
- Provide internal performance reports and other performance indicators as applicable
- Liaise with project team to provide required information to the client
- Advise on selection of major subcontractors
- Provide technical and commercial inputs at the bid proposal stage
- Provide support and advice to Project Manager on post-award contract administration, budgeting, cost reporting, VOR handling, invoicing, planning, and procurement
- Document and circulate all vital project decisions
- Provide client reports related to commercial issues in a timely and professional manner
- Take prompt corrective action in response to non-conformance reports and highlight source of NCR to project personnel
- Work with Project Manager, Contracts Manager, Business Acquisition Manager, and other personnel to improve client position
- Ensure contract close-out, extension, or renewal
- Identify and retain experience arising from the project for project execution and completion
- Establish optimal project organization for Project Control and Administration support
- Supervise project organization and monitor performance
- Establish administrative routines with the project.
- Educated to degree or higher level in a legal, commerce or business subject and / or appropriate equivalent industry experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Familiar with standard Contract Terms & Conditions within the Oil and Gas industry, particularly the SURF market.
- Advanced commercial awareness
- A strong technical understanding of subsea construction.
- Result oriented
- Strong negotiating skills
- Contracts management knowledge and experience gained in the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience related to project operations preferably in the SURF segment, with minimum 2 years in a supervisory position.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to perform and deliver under high pressure and meet deadlines.
If you are interested, please feel free to submit your application to Angus McCormick without delay.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!