Senior Project Engineer
Employment basis: Staff
Start date: Urgent, into summer
At Leap29 we have been engaged by one of our long standing clients in Aberdeen to secure 2 Senior Project Engineers on a staff basis.
The client is currently seeking a highly experienced and adaptable Senior Project Engineer to join their subsea EPCI firm. As a Senior Project Engineer, you will be responsible for working within a project team, leading and managing various subsea projects from inception to completion, ensuring they are delivered safely, on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of clients. In addition, you will be required to perform duties outside of your team, such as providing support for tenders, conducting engineering studies, and developing business management systems.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a proven track record of delivering complex subsea projects and will possess excellent communication and leadership skills. You will work closely with other project team members, engineers, designers, and project managers to plan, execute, and monitor project activities, identify and mitigate risks, and ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations. Additionally, you will report directly to the Engineering Manager, who will assign various projects and tenders, and hold line responsibility for your role. If you are an experienced Senior Project Engineer looking for an exciting and challenging role within the subsea EPCI industry, then we encourage you to apply for this position.
- Take an active role in identifying, assessing, and managing risks related to the workscope and our clients. If you identify any risks related to an enterprise, tender, project, or task, make sure to record them in the relevant risk registers using available systems.
- Collaborate with project, tender, study, vessel lead, or manager to establish and agree upon the deliverables of the workscope, and ensure that these objectives are met.
- Develop, utilize, and review Contractor Task Requests (CTRs) in conjunction with the lead/manager for the workscope, and provide feedback if there is a misalignment between the agreed deliverables and resources in the CTR. Aim to deliver all work within the CTR constraints, and monitor and take action on the progress of CTRs from team members as necessary.
- Offer technical support and guidance to other team members as appropriate.
- At the outset of any new assignment to a workscope, ensure that both line management and functional management are clear on the duration of the assignment and the percentage of your workload for all assignments.
- Agree with the manager/lead of the workscope on the responsibilities for that scope. In a project environment, make sure to document these responsibilities.
- Deliver relevant workscopes for projects, studies, or vessel workscopes as agreed upon.
- Depending on the assignment, you may be considered the best person to lead a particular workscope. If that is the case, set goals and clear deliverables with the team you are responsible for, break down tasks into defined deliverables, and provide and record clear due dates for these tasks. Ensure that all required interfaces are managed with the necessary parties.
- Educated to degree BSc/BEng or higher level and/or appropriate industry training in engineering.
- Working knowledge of oil and gas industry technical specifications and standards, or best practice.
- Previous SURF professional experience.
- Previous rigid pipelay experience desirable.
- Results oriented with the ability to act decisively.
- Ability to perform under high pressure and meet deadlines.
- Well developed MS Office skills.
- AutoCAD skills desirable.
- MS Project skills desirable.
- Experience in risk identification / assessment.
- Possess OGUK and Norwegian medical certificates.
- Possess survival certificate to OPITO and OLF standards.
If you are interested, please feel free to submit your application to Angus McCormick without delay.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!