Employment basis: Staff
Start date: Urgent, into summer
At Leap29 we have been engaged by one of our long standing clients in Aberdeen to secure 2 Project Engineers on a staff basis.
The client is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Engineer to join their subsea EPCI firm on a staff basis. As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and delivering various subsea projects, ensuring that they are completed safely, on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of clients.
You will work closely with a team of engineers, designers, and project managers to plan, execute, and monitor project activities, identify and mitigate risks, and ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
If you are passionate about the subsea industry, have a proven track record of delivering complex projects, and are looking for an exciting and challenging role, then we would love to hear from you.
- Contribute proactively to the identification, assessment, and management of risks related to the work scope and the company's objective. Identify any risks related to enterprise, tenders, projects, or tasks and document them in the relevant risk registers using available systems.
- Agree with the project/tender/study/vessel lead/manager on the deliverables of the work scope and ensure that you meet the agreed objectives within the set timelines.
- Actively create, review, and use CTRs in collaboration with the lead/manager of the work scope, and provide feedback in case of any deviation from the agreed deliverables and resources. Strive to deliver all work in line with the CTR constraints and monitor progress on CTRs from other team members, taking necessary actions.
- Provide technical guidance and support to other team members when relevant.
- Clarify the duration of any new assignment to a work scope, including the percentage of workload, with both line management and functional management.
- Agree on the responsibilities for the scope of work with the manager/lead, ensuring documentation in a project environment.
- Deliver relevant work scopes as agreed for projects/studies/vessel work scopes.
- Assume the lead role for a particular work scope if deemed the best person available for the assignment. Set clear goals and deliverables with the team responsible, including breaking down tasks into defined deliverables and providing clear due dates for these tasks. Ensure all required interfaces are managed with the relevant parties.
- Educated to degree BSc/BEng or higher level and/or appropriate industry training in engineering.
- Appropriate professional experience, the length of which commensurate with the grade of employment.
- Working knowledge of oil and gas industry technical specifications and standards, or best practice.
- Previous SURF professional experience.
- Well-developed MS Office skills.
- AutoCAD skills desirable.
- MS Project skills desirable.
- Experience in risk identification / assessment.
- Possess OGUK and Norwegian medical certificates.
- Possess survival certificate to OPITO and OLF standards.
If you are interested, please feel free to submit your application to Angus McCormick without delay.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!