Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Project Manager
to join our Fired Heater Technology Team in Hampton, New Jersey. The Project Manager will specify and coordinate the implementation and completion of a moderate sized project, portfolio of small projects, or a major component of a large project. This includes responsibility for safe delivery; ensuring that quality, schedule, and cost targets are met; and for for managing the associated risk. They will also be responsible for delivery of project to agreed specifications, for managing change and customer relationships, and ensuring appropriate reporting and governance is adhered to and controlled.
Further responsibilities include:
Skills / Qualifications
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to determine time-frame, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project. Contributes to setting project evaluation parameters.
- Negotiates changes to project scope or specification with the customer. Follows Change Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule and quality.
- Pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalisation and technology use, work share and high value engineering centres, to bring value to Wood and customer.
- Establishes project procedures and leads production of project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc.
- Regularly reports project progress to senior management and/or the customer.
- Responsible for delivery of agreed schedule and financial performance, pro-actively intervening to avoid slippage.
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work.
- Leads ongoing focus on risk identification and mitigation during project execution.
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established and that HSSE and quality management issues are pro-actively addressed.
- Guides and directs a multi-discipline project team, which may include external specialists and involve staff from multiple offices and sites.
- Responsible for ensuring project team members are competent to carry out assigned duties.
- Promotes and sets up performance improvement culture and actions on complex projects and into their supply chains.
- Facilitates the set up of information management systems / applications as applicable to suit various life phases of projects and manage information management project team.
- Participate in assurance activities and peer reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mechanical preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Associate in Project Management (APM) or equivalent certification is preferred
- 7+ years of pertinent experience including minimum 2-3 years experience managing projects or part of projects, mastering their area and knowledgeable about impacts on other areas.
Proven project management experience as well as a good understanding of business issues.
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques and practices
- Experience of developing and implementing measures of success and benefits on several projects.
- Knowledge of prioritising stakeholders and the development of stakeholder management plans.
- Has interfaced with key stakeholders on projects to obtain, create and maintain requirements and acceptance criteria on several occasions.
- Good knowledge of industry and company risk management processes. Well versed in qualitative assessment methods and some knowledge of quantitative assessment techniques.
- Able to use common estimating techniques to derive estimates and costs on standard projects.
- Good knowledge of contract models, conditions, types and their suitability in different situations.
- Able to deliver effective project initiation on multi-phase projects and produce project execution plans.
- Well versed in international and company quality assurance standards
- Knowledge of commercial and contract conditions applicable to the procurement of various types of goods and services.
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling techniques, their properties and uses.
- Good knowledge and experience in project monitoring and forecasting.
- Ability to manage change control process on project with several sub-contractors and interfaces.
- In-depth knowledge of all types of project information (deliverables) and its uses and capable of managing information management project team.
- Good knowledge of all handover and close-out activities required for customer, company and suppliers.
- Understanding of Cash Flow management as well as projection/forecast of cost at completion
- Listens to others, learns, and asks questions or seeks assistance when necessary
- Able to lead and coordinate activities of small teams.
- Detail oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Authorization to lawfully work in the United States without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.