Overview / Responsibilities
Design the Future with us! Our world depends on critical minerals & metals as we strive for net zero. join our remarkable mining team in Vancouver , BC and be a part of the solution. Our mining team has developed and built mining & mineral EPCM projects in more than 80 countries.
Wood currently has a leadership opportunity and is seeking a Engineering Manager, Vancouver Mining
for our Vancouver, B.C. office location.
Reporting to the Operations Director in Vancouver, this role has overall responsibility for: managing the home office engineering team, ensuring successful execution and completion of all engineering design activities, staffing and the growth and development of the engineering team.
This is a key role on our management team. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Develop and lead a multidisciplinary engineering team.
- Manage the technical and budget performance of the engineering team.
- Ensure engineering systems, standards, specifications, processes and procedures are regularly reviewed, updated, and consistently implemented, with a focus on continuing improvement and compliance.
- Work together with the project teams and functional managers to achieve project objectives and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Support the business with workload forecasting and overall engineering resource planning.
- Identify opportunities to share engineering work with other Wood offices and provide overall management of such work share initiatives.
- Provide input to proposals and projects regarding resources, strategies, technical content, and execution effort with a focus on 'fit for purpose' work.
- Review and implement engineering / technical tools including software and standards.
- Provide staff with coaching, mentoring, and support career planning and professional development.
- Conduct performance reviews and continually improve the team's capability and efficiency.
- Complete salary reviews, succession planning, and support employee initiatives.
- Grow the talented team through active recruiting and hiring.
- Undergraduate and/or Graduate Degree in a relevant field of engineering from a recognized university.
- 10+ years of related multi-discipline and management experience within an engineering consulting environment, preferably in mining.
- Professional Registration (P.Eng) in the Province of British Columbia or eligible to register with the Engineers and Geoscientist British Columbia (EGBC).
- Knowledge of project management, quality management, human resources practices, financial and other administrative principles and practices.
- Strong leadership and relationship building capabilities with the capacity to delegate appropriately.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to be open-minded and innovative with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to mentor engineers and designers and provide technical leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in working with the business and project teams in a proactive manner in order to meet and/or exceed targets.
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.