Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is hiring for a Chemical Coordinator, for one of our clients, to be based in Iraq on 5 weeks on/ 3 weeks off rotation.
The individual shall be responsible for managing the oil field chemicals program and serving as laboratory advisor at WQ1. Key responsibilities include
As Chemical Coordinator / Production Chemist, plays a leadership role in ensuring no safety/production disruptions/achieve set target for crude/water/gas quality; actively managing internal corrosion and flow assurance
- Ensuring that Chemical vendor(s) are complying to contractual and agreed upon service standards - areas include inventory management; chemical QA/QC; surveillance; reporting etc.
- Compliance to any and all industry regulations and standards
- Ensuring chemical safety and environmental expectations are met or exceeded
- Daily surveillance to ensure cost effective chemical treatment
- Coordination among several stake holders - Operations, Surface Technical, SHE, maintenance
- Developing policies and procedures regarding chemical management
- Optimization of chemicals
- Elimination of Trips/upsets due to chemicals
- New products testing / qualification
- Managing KPIs and reporting to management on frequent basis
- Provide necessary training/mentoring
As Laboratory Advisor plays an important role in the stewardship of laboratory activities
- Improve systems and compliance of existing standards/guidelines
- Conduct laboratory tests and analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of chemicals used in WQ1 production processes.
- Support to improve and customize lab testing equipment, products, analytical methods and processes.
- Development of Lab methods / Training / mentoring
- Analysis, interpretation and development of tests.
- Support lab with qualification and ordering laboratory equipment
The position will require being in the field to oversee chemical pumping, handling, storage, and disposal activities. Note the position requires some physical activity, including walking, standing etc. Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's (Master's preferred) degree in Chemistry or a related field with strong academic background.
- 20+ years of overall experience; 15+ year in chemical treatment and 10+ years in a leadership role similar to chemical coordinator / production chemist in upstream oil processing plant.
- Strong knowledge of chemical treatment methods for crude oil processing, water treatment, and production enhancement
- Strong knowledge and skills in chemical selection and treatment
- Experience with Laboratory analytical methods as it relates to upstream crude and water treatment
- Strong knowledge of chemical management
- Willing to spend some time in the field
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders along with Interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with appropriate guidance,
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrate critical analytical and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills including soft skills on Microsoft office
- Familiarity or experience with the following systems desired - work management system, chemical management systems.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.