Electrical Technicians (Upper completions, RMC, Slickline mix, any company background, ex SLB employees preferably
- Job Summary:
The Electrical / Electronics Technician performs and supports routine and non-routine tests, data collection, and reports for electronic assemblies, as well as maintain and organize laboratory environment and equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Specialized Knowledge and Skills in the following areas:
- Works with responsible engineer and other technicians on the set up, conducting, and data reporting on routine and non-routine tests as required in support of the various projects. Collects, organizes, and prepares reports on data from tests performed.
- At the direction of responsible engineer, works to resolve problems relating to product design. This may include reviewing product file documentation, providing feedback to production drawings, or auditing manufacturing processes.
- Assists in assembly or disassembly of laboratory or field test prototypes including processing necessary manufacturing and purchasing paperwork.
- Familiar with repairing and reworking electronic board assemblies and test fixtures. Familiar with soldering operations of components on electronic board assemblies. Proficient in using and maintaining hardware test and measurement equipment such as, but not limited to multimeters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, logic analyzers, data acquisition systems, etc.
- Maintain and organize lab environment and work benches in laboratory. As needed, order and track shop supplied materials for solder stations, safety equipment, other lab consumables, etc. to keep lab functional. All items in lab should be stored/kept/organized in a designated place and correctly labeled. Track and maintain equipment in laboratory. Develop equipment calibration plans. Ensure that all equipment is properly classified, and that calibrations are up-to-date and not expired. As needed, schedule and handle equipment calibrations.
- Manage, support, and organize all hazard/risk process documentation associated with lab. Support HSE, management, and internal lab audits of laboratory. Maintain MSDS binder to ensure that all chemicals are properly documented for lab use. Maintain regulatory database, as well as support physical and photo inventory of regulated equipment and/or assets.
- Wear PPE, as required, and observe health, safety and environmental policies.
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to forklift, drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
- Ability to read and interpret circuit schematics, wiring diagrams and assembly prints
- Ability to perform electronic board assembly level troubleshooting to identify failure modes
- Ability to perform electronic board assembly inspection and repairs
- Ability to perform wire crimping and component soldering on electronic board assemblies
- Ability to assemble electronic board assemblies, harnesses, and other components on Electronics chassis
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems associated with products and assemblies
- Ability to perform continuity tests on completed assemblies
- Ability to use common electronics lab equipment such as oscilloscope, multimeters, signal generators, logic analyzers, data acquisition systems, etc. to validate or troubleshoot electronics assemblies
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.