IRC222663 - PLANT ENGINEER
, we are looking for a Plant Engineer
within Versalis UK
in Grangemouth , Scotland
. You will be responsible for providing a maintenance function to the process department, to carry out repairs to all mechanical plant and equipment to minimise down time and loss of production. As a member of the maintenance team at Versalis UK you will be responsible for
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements
- Assisting the Inspections department with preparation of all plant equipment's for statutory inspections, ensuring vessels are isolated, opened, cleaned and all mechanical disconnections/isolations are put in place.
- Covering the role of originator for permit works for mechanical/lifting activities/jetting/scaffolding/civil activities, both for contractors for Versalis fitters.
- Assist the plant engineer / reliability engineer in the root cause analysis of failures - failure mechanisms.
- Following, as originator, the execution of planned / unplanned jobs assigned to contractors and Versalis' fitters,
- Originates permits, including correct isolation /lock off of electrical equipment, excavation permit work, confined space permit work, working at height, hot work permit. This includes ensuring that suitable RAMS are available- in discussion with performing authorities, in accordance with Management of Health & Safety at work act, and "plant Engineering Procedures", as per Versalis ENI written instructions
- Monitoring progress of work, assisting and implementing corrective actions as required and closure of work activities, including removal of trade lock off padlocks and correct handover procedures.
- Be competent, as originator, to review written risk assessments in accordance with Management of Health & Safety at work act, and "plant Engineering Procedures", as per Versalis ENI written instructions
- Managing of confined space, ensuring all vessel release procedures and precautions are in place prior to signing on work permits, to always ensure personnel safety.
- Reviewing lifting plan and be able to be a supervisor for lifting operations
- Preferably be competent in scaffolding management: inspections and quantity surveyor
- Preferably be competent in painting/insulation/fire proofing management
- Preferably be competent in jetting activities (HPU jet), for industrial cleaning
- Preferably be competent in civil activities (foundations, road panels, etc)
- Use of electronic maintenance system, SAP to generate / manage notifications/work orders
- Assisting in creating weekly plan to coordinate resources required, for routine work as line above and any other tasks requested
- Carrying out all maintenance work to the desired standards and allocated time scales. Resource unplanned work requests, eg from production or breakdowns
- Ensuring, for the given domain, the technical analysis and the cost evaluation for requested interventions and assistance delivered by the Production Unit, granting the proper Job detailed description.
- Grant the Entry Service certifications assessing the consistency between the required and the delivered services and the required supporting technical documents
Location: Grangemouth, Scotland Contract type:
- Minimum mechanical / industrial PDA-professional development awards- (level 6 of Scottish credit and qualification framework), preferable mechanical HNC (level 7 of Scottish credit and qualification framework), with experience within a top tier COMAH site or in equivalent areas (navy, power plant, steel plants, etc..), as Supervisory experience under permit to work procedure.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar and experienced in the following:
- LOLER regulations, even better if experience as Appointed Persons certification.
- A good understanding of PUWER and COSHH regulations, ideally with a Health and safety qualification, NEBOSH/IOSH or equivalent.
- Operating a permit to work system, including isolation and lock off procedures, LOLER regulations, confined space, working at height.
- Understand PSSR regulations and Hydraulic pressure testing procedures.
- Have preferably an understanding of ASBESTOS management and experience in civil/scaffolding activities
- Have worked on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR's), and be good at managing stressful situations.
- Computer literate with Word, Excel, Microsoft project, SAP (Experience of CMMS).
- Degree in the field or advanced Profes.Educ./HND/Tech.Diploma
- Knowledge of English
At Eni we believe in enterprising people, capable of making a difference and making their contribution with passion and innovation, to respond to the global challenges of the energy transition. For us, the skills and attitudes of each individual , continuous training , and diversity and inclusion are fundamental. We promote flexible ways of working with particular attention to well-being, welfare and work life-balance.
Eni will evaluate applications considering plurality and diversity as sources of enrichment. If your application is assessed to be among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Whatever your ambition, at Eni you can find the tools to make it happen. Energy for action takers