Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an exiting opportunity for a Structural Engineer
to join our Industrial
team in our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record in heavy industry and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Skills / Qualifications
- Designing of industrial structures for projects in Pulp & Paper, Municipal, Wastewater Treatment, and Wood processing industries
- Designing of foundations
- Prepare proposals, engineering specifications and contract documents
- Review project documents and drawings for technical quality, accuracy and compliance with applicable client standards and stakeholder requirements
- Participate or lead project design reviews
- Overseeing the work of staff throughout various project stages - from conceptual, feasibility, and detailed design thru construction
- Reviews discipline progress, budgets, performance, and develops action plans to meet project objectives.
- Leading and mentoring subordinate staff
- Establish excellent working relationship with other functional areas and project managers and support cross-functional reviews and design improvements
- Develop close working relationship with Construction Management team, support active construction sites, answer RFIs, perform field reviews, support project constructability reviews
- Creating an environment that fosters technical excellence, accuracy, and timeliness
- Evaluating existing facilities and structures
- Designing and/or overseeing design of modifications to existing industrial facilities
- Working closely with electrical, P&C, architectural, civil , mechanical, and geotechnical disciplines to deliver successful projects
- Graduate or Undergraduate engineering degree
- Professional Engineer (PEng) registered in British Columbia or another Canadian province
- 8+ years of industrial experience in projects of varying stages from conceptual to detailed design
- Capable of developing creative yet practical concepts
- Experience in writing technical reports
- A willingness to travel to remote field locations on a short-term basis
- Excellent organizational, technical, communication and computer skills
- Understanding of codes - NBC, CSA/S16, CSA/A23-3, IBC, ASCE-7, AISC, and ACI
- Strong hands-on working knowledge and experience with structural engineering analysis software, preferably STAAD Pro and SAP 2000.
- Ability to handle challenges and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills / positive attitude and ability to work in a team atmosphere is required
- Professional Engineer (PE) registered in United States will be considered an asset.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.