Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opening for an intermediate/senior Project Manager
for our office in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
The Wood Renewable Energy & Power business in Grande Prairie provides our team with challenging projects in Pulp & Paper, Seed Oils, Oil & Gas and Municipal projects. We provide professionals with development opportunities, and with access to some of the most advanced tools globally, you will be equipped to perform at your peak.
Our Grande Prairie office is growing at an incredible rate, and because of this, we have recently moved into a beautiful new office space. With some exciting projects planned for the coming years, and if you are self-motivated and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this may be the career path for you.
Reporting to Lead of Projects, this position is located in our Grande Prairie office. Our office primarily delivers small-cap and mid-cap maintenance or retrofit projects to the Peace regions industrial customers. This role has overall responsibility for the successful execution and delivery of these projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Safe, environmentally responsible, timely and on-budget delivery of projects
- Managing project team to ensure cost effective, efficient, safe and timely completion of asset replacement or new capital/system improvement projects in order to meet or exceed client expectations
- Meeting with the client and managing their expectations
- Developing and executing project plans, designs, and studies that meet the client's needs and comply with all applicable regulations
- Developing proposals and estimates.
- Overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing efficient project delivery services
- Providing status reports to project sponsors regarding the overall project progress and performance
- Managing scope changes proactively and resolving complex issues both with clients and internal teams
- Mentoring and training junior project managers and project services support
- Managing teams of 5-10 professionals
- Engineering Degree or a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate preferably in relevant industry is an asset
- Mechanical P.Eng. is a preference
- 10 plus years of experience in a heavy industrial environment such as pulp and paper, seed oils, water/wastewater, or oil & gas, including at least three years of increasing responsibility as project manager
- Excellent English oral, written and presentation skills for communication with internal team, stakeholders and clients
- Good planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel to field locations as required and maintain Class 5 driver license in a good standing
- Pulp and paper or seed oil experience would be a definite asset
The successful candidate shall have experience and posses the physical ability to work out of the office on heavy industrial sites independently and safely.
This position is open to Canadian applications only. Relocation allowances will be considered for qualified candidates. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.