- Performs a variety of specialized and complex record keeping duties associated with processing and analyzing financial and accounting transactions
- The job holder will develop and perform compliance verification and confirmation activities on a regular basis
- The job holder will manage and coordinate with the accounting teams on all the postings associated to the Senior debt
- In addition, a part of the incumbent's role shall be to take on ad-hoc tasks and activities yet to be defined and which shall help to ensure extra capacity within the Project Finance team as the project financing progresses and work-load increases.
- The job holder shall be capable of working in a cross-functional manner with the Project Finance Team, Internal Controls and other Project Teams.
The Accounting Analyst shall be responsible for the following principle activities:
- Calculate and maintain senior debt loan repayment schedule in line with IFRS 9 standards to provide to the accounting team
- Manage the monthly accruals for the financing fees in the TMS system and manually where needed to submit to accounting.
- Ensure all the debt drawdowns are posted and coded correctly in the TMS system and extract and verify the monthly accounting journals to be send to UNISOL system
- Monitor VOWD of the Project Finance Budget items and analyse the variances and produce monthly reporting
- Investigate and provide feedback on accounting irregularities and provide solutions to accounting issues as they arise
- Assist in Annual and LTP budgeting process related to Project Finance
- Monitor costs attached to intercompany services from other Project entities and management of request for services (RFS) from Group companies
- Organize and support the processes between various cost controllers of the servicing departments and the project teams to administrate appropriately all RFS and related intercompany services and invoices.
- Work collaboratively with other accounting officers within organization and provide support to Maputo Accounting as needed in relation to cost centers, AFEs, VOWD, Forecast, coding, etc.
- Assist in Annual Audit and compliance process
- Support in regulatory filing with Local Authorities
- Support the Project Finance Manager and other Project Finance Team Members through undertaking ad-hoc tasks and activities
The job owner is Accountable to the Project Finance Manager for;
- Timely conduct and delivery of the specific work scopes and tasks allocated and become the subject matter expert
- Compliance to project HSE and ethics requirements
- Exemplary professional attitude in day-to-day activities with internal and external counterparts.
- Prior experience in maintaining loan repayment schedule calculation with IRR and performing economic analysis
- Advanced Excel, analytical and time management skills required
- Prior senior experience in treasury, international cash management, project finance, financial planning & analysis or project economics will be an advantage
- Prior experience using group treasury systems preferred
- Sound understanding of financial concepts, including financial statements and IFRS accounting
- Able to work autonomously, with minimal management oversight
- Desire to take responsibility for own area of work and to hold self-accountable to deliver in line with responsibilities
- Ability to get along well with others in an international and multi-cultural environment and take a pragmatic approach to problem solving situations
- Master's degree in accounting, finance, business or Audit Experience
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.